StuckInTheMuck
08-04 09:53 AM
Another July 2 TSC filer. Got email today about RFE notice sent (don't know yet, but guess is medical - skipped this form in the original petition to beat the July 2 deadline).
ilikekilo
04-20 04:57 PM
Hi Guys,
My experience with driver's license renewal in Ohio with EAD/expired-H1 was a pleasant surprise.
All I said was that I was a green card applicant, showed them my I-485 application receipt, and got a license valid for 4 years.
Smooth. What a surprise.
not sure what city you got in, but I was in Ohio for 7 yrs and never got 4 years, I got only until I94 or EAD exp date..mine was in cleveland...
My experience with driver's license renewal in Ohio with EAD/expired-H1 was a pleasant surprise.
All I said was that I was a green card applicant, showed them my I-485 application receipt, and got a license valid for 4 years.
Smooth. What a surprise.
not sure what city you got in, but I was in Ohio for 7 yrs and never got 4 years, I got only until I94 or EAD exp date..mine was in cleveland...
speddi
10-05 01:28 PM
What does your online status say?
It says Current Status: Case received and pending.
It says Current Status: Case received and pending.
gulute
03-16 06:31 PM
why is it denied?
Hi,
My wife's H4 visa got denied and her I94 got expired. Can she stay for 30 days if so will she be having any problem while coming back with valid status?
Hi,
My wife's H4 visa got denied and her I94 got expired. Can she stay for 30 days if so will she be having any problem while coming back with valid status?
more...
PALLO
04-21 03:51 PM
Thanks Morchu for clarifying this. I do not want to be unlawful at anytime. That's why I am trying to understand this process as best as possible and then plan accordingly. so when you say this "You are NOT loosing "anything" by filing a second LC at the new location. You keep your priority date, and PERM is fast and I-140 processing time is 4 months or so" the only way to retain priority date is with approved I-140 .
Secondly, I read online either at this forum or at Murthy that one can include as part of "ETA form 9089" (Application for Permanent Employment Certification) a clause which states that the person "may be assigned to various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States". Is it true? And is it used widely by employers to retain flexibility?
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!
Secondly, I read online either at this forum or at Murthy that one can include as part of "ETA form 9089" (Application for Permanent Employment Certification) a clause which states that the person "may be assigned to various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States". Is it true? And is it used widely by employers to retain flexibility?
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!
InTheMoment
07-23 10:16 AM
What I have heard from others having the same issue is that they would put your given name as the last name (as it is the index in their db) and put the "FNU" (First Name Unknown) under the first name. I know, this is ridiculous as you have a first name ! Hope they have something like a "LNU" as well
You meant to say NA for "not applicable" right? Others may not interpret Name followed by NA in the same way. This part of the world NA also stands for "North America" :)
This might cause issues in long run especially when you apply for GC or even extention of visa as the Name in the passport will not match the visa or even your records from school and university.
You meant to say NA for "not applicable" right? Others may not interpret Name followed by NA in the same way. This part of the world NA also stands for "North America" :)
This might cause issues in long run especially when you apply for GC or even extention of visa as the Name in the passport will not match the visa or even your records from school and university.
more...
smuggymba
07-28 02:26 PM
Your Payments When You Are Outside The United States (http://ssa.gov/international/countrylist4.htm) ??? What does this mean .... looks like you can claim benefits.
hmm..we need to double check then. there was a huge discussion here, can u search that thread...i'll check also
hmm..we need to double check then. there was a huge discussion here, can u search that thread...i'll check also
garfield
10-07 02:19 PM
When can one add a spouse to the I-485 application, and until when can a spouse be added before getting the Green Card?
My 485 is pending, have the EAD card, and the I-140 is approved. My priority date is not current... anyone knows?
My 485 is pending, have the EAD card, and the I-140 is approved. My priority date is not current... anyone knows?
more...

looivy
11-02 12:59 PM
If this is a possible solution, have your Mother-in-Law visit Canada temporarily for a few day and have her come back to US. I am just floating this idea for discussuion.
samcam
05-23 10:53 AM
Good job Salil..
more...
jaggu bhai
08-10 09:18 AM
We did the COS from H4 (stamped) to F1 for my wife ourselves. It was easy, no lawyer but we got an RFE on the dollar amount so we replied again ourselves (giving an excel sheet etc). You can do it yourself.
frostrated & smuggymba
Thanks for ur replies....
As I am EB3 - MAY 2009....No question of I 485 soon....
thats the reason for the F1....
U said to show the intent that we leave US back....but my I 140 is approved which makes the letter of intent very contradictory (unless they dont see my papers when processing my wife's F1).
And also, see the pattern She was on B1 - H4 - F1 (all COS), this is the main concern.
Whether is the letter of intent makes them believable!!!
Regarding funds availability, We have funds equivalent to 80% of 1st year fee (which shown on I 20), AND ALSO I AM SUBMITTING AN AFFIDAVIT THAT I AM SPONSORING MY WIFE.
Frostrated: College is only giving I 20 rest of the things we have to do ourselves.
frostrated & smuggymba
Thanks for ur replies....
As I am EB3 - MAY 2009....No question of I 485 soon....
thats the reason for the F1....
U said to show the intent that we leave US back....but my I 140 is approved which makes the letter of intent very contradictory (unless they dont see my papers when processing my wife's F1).
And also, see the pattern She was on B1 - H4 - F1 (all COS), this is the main concern.
Whether is the letter of intent makes them believable!!!
Regarding funds availability, We have funds equivalent to 80% of 1st year fee (which shown on I 20), AND ALSO I AM SUBMITTING AN AFFIDAVIT THAT I AM SPONSORING MY WIFE.
Frostrated: College is only giving I 20 rest of the things we have to do ourselves.
arrarrgee
07-13 09:19 AM
I wouldn't be ....I think hez adding more value to the country then i do...i dont see any reason why he shouldnt get his green before mine:confused:
Damn I am going to be pissed off if he gets a green card before I do.
Damn I am going to be pissed off if he gets a green card before I do.
more...
Hinglish
01-08 12:25 AM
I rue for the big "premium" company that has hired a "premium" MBA graduate that cracks under pressure. A Satyam waiting to happen I guess ... best of luck
I am sorry for "atrocious" english. I guess I am just very nervous. Lemme reprahse:
I never worked on that H1-B application. I just filled the H1-B and left USA (I was working on OPT before that with another company). My biggest mistake in life was filing the H1-B with a shady consultant out of desperation. Good that I never worked with him before leaving states. obviously I got a 221G, but now a big company has recruited me from India. I am again nervous if they can transfer my H1-B(which I never used).
Now do I make some sense?
I am sorry for "atrocious" english. I guess I am just very nervous. Lemme reprahse:
I never worked on that H1-B application. I just filled the H1-B and left USA (I was working on OPT before that with another company). My biggest mistake in life was filing the H1-B with a shady consultant out of desperation. Good that I never worked with him before leaving states. obviously I got a 221G, but now a big company has recruited me from India. I am again nervous if they can transfer my H1-B(which I never used).
Now do I make some sense?
hebron
08-10 09:55 AM
I am an EB3 applicant with PD of Sep 2004. I have an EAD but I haven't used it yet. I am still on H1-B.
I have 12 years of experience and a masters degree and given the hopeless EB3 backlog, I have been looking for other suitable employment opportunities (EB2) for the past few weeks.
I have a few questions for the IV members who have switched to new employers and have successfully ported EB3 to EB2:
1. Should I use my EAD and invoke AC21 to transfer to a new employer or should I ask them to file H1-B transfer.
2. How soon is it reasonable to ask the prospective employer to file EB2 labor? I do not want to blow up an opportunity being unreassonable.
In my mind, I am thinking about asking the employer to file for EB2 labor and use my EAD to start working. This is under the assumption that asking an employer to do H1-B transfer and also file EB2 labor might be too much to ask (expense wise) .
Any suggestions/ advice appreciated.
I have 12 years of experience and a masters degree and given the hopeless EB3 backlog, I have been looking for other suitable employment opportunities (EB2) for the past few weeks.
I have a few questions for the IV members who have switched to new employers and have successfully ported EB3 to EB2:
1. Should I use my EAD and invoke AC21 to transfer to a new employer or should I ask them to file H1-B transfer.
2. How soon is it reasonable to ask the prospective employer to file EB2 labor? I do not want to blow up an opportunity being unreassonable.
In my mind, I am thinking about asking the employer to file for EB2 labor and use my EAD to start working. This is under the assumption that asking an employer to do H1-B transfer and also file EB2 labor might be too much to ask (expense wise) .
Any suggestions/ advice appreciated.
more...
grupak
08-15 02:08 PM
Congrats on your green. You have done so much for IV and community and it is great to know that your levels of commitment is still the same
Thanks. I need to figure out how to start a google group first I guess :)
IV members from Jackson MS, we need you since you are in the state Capitol.
Thanks. I need to figure out how to start a google group first I guess :)
IV members from Jackson MS, we need you since you are in the state Capitol.
axp817
07-04 09:55 AM
Why would doing anything legal have implications on becoming a citizen?
And to answer your question, No, your owning a gun legally, has no implications whatsoever on getting your citizenship.
There are many legal gun owners who don't even have their green card yet, and no, they are not going to face any problems during 485 approval either.
Look through some of my old posts, and you'll find a thread with information on legal aliens owning guns in America, although a lot of the information on that thread pertains to non-immigrant aliens. You being a permanent resident, have it much easier. Go through that thread and if you still have questions, ask, and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
Good luck, be a safe, responsible, and proud gun owner.
And to answer your question, No, your owning a gun legally, has no implications whatsoever on getting your citizenship.
There are many legal gun owners who don't even have their green card yet, and no, they are not going to face any problems during 485 approval either.
Look through some of my old posts, and you'll find a thread with information on legal aliens owning guns in America, although a lot of the information on that thread pertains to non-immigrant aliens. You being a permanent resident, have it much easier. Go through that thread and if you still have questions, ask, and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
Good luck, be a safe, responsible, and proud gun owner.
more...
jai_immigration
04-30 03:51 PM
I have done interfiling myself with PD of March 2000, no luck yet. Interfile is a matter of luck, there is no guarantee that the letter you send will reach your file. Also USCIS does not give any confirmation that received your interfile and will transfer the PD. All depends on when they process your case and see your interfile, they may take action.
I had sent my interfile January sent by Fax and also by Fedex, followed up with a phone call numerous times. Not discouraging, but wanted to share my experience.
I had sent my interfile January sent by Fax and also by Fedex, followed up with a phone call numerous times. Not discouraging, but wanted to share my experience.
appusheth
03-17 11:40 PM
My LCA was approved in July 2007.
My lawyer sent the I-14 application to USCIS in January 2008 before the 180 day period but my employer dated the USCIS fee check as 2005.
The USCIS returned the application asking us to re-send the application with a new check.
My lawyer sent the application again with a new check but by the time this application reached USCIS the 180 day period was over and USCIS returned the application again stating that my 180 period is over and they cannot accept the I-140 application now.
I am in the process of filing a fresh Labor Cert again. I guess now I will get a priority date of July 2008 and therefore I am losing 1 whole year in this process.
Is there a way out and will USCIS accept my application? The bad part here is the first application sent was before time but the check date was wrong.
All suggestions are highly appreciated.
My lawyer sent the I-14 application to USCIS in January 2008 before the 180 day period but my employer dated the USCIS fee check as 2005.
The USCIS returned the application asking us to re-send the application with a new check.
My lawyer sent the application again with a new check but by the time this application reached USCIS the 180 day period was over and USCIS returned the application again stating that my 180 period is over and they cannot accept the I-140 application now.
I am in the process of filing a fresh Labor Cert again. I guess now I will get a priority date of July 2008 and therefore I am losing 1 whole year in this process.
Is there a way out and will USCIS accept my application? The bad part here is the first application sent was before time but the check date was wrong.
All suggestions are highly appreciated.
glus
12-08 10:50 AM
I think AP can also be mailed to a person who is not in the U.S. If that's the case, you could re-apply for AP once your old expires. Please verify with an attorney.
RayP
12-07 11:14 PM
I applied I-485 and have recieved EAD in Sept, 2007. Now early next year (i.e. Jan/Feb 2008) I plan to go out of US for a year to complete an academic course. During that time, I would have to renew my EAD so that I can get back and start working. Anyone who has some experience or knowledge how this can be done from outside US... or is there a process to follow before I leave.
Also I am told that I might receive another finger printing request duirng the same time I am out of this country, any idea !!
Also I am told that I might receive another finger printing request duirng the same time I am out of this country, any idea !!
gcisadawg
11-14 04:14 PM
Do you guys see what happens after January 2nd (or after 6 months of receipt date)....Most of the contractors (who applied their 485 in july) will look for permanent job OR demand more money from their employers...OR more benefits from employer. Employers try to be calm and don't conflict with us. What do u guys think??
Is it going to be tough for desi consultants to earn more money by placing their employees as consultants? Because there are already so many people ready to do permanent job.
As far as I know, IT department of most companies are cutting down on IT resources and trying to either outsource or have captive centers in low cost destinations. Given that trend, I doubt if more permanent openings are available.
However, I see a spike in "Programm manager" type job where an on-shore person manages a team of off-shore developers sitting in countries like India.
What say?
Is it going to be tough for desi consultants to earn more money by placing their employees as consultants? Because there are already so many people ready to do permanent job.
As far as I know, IT department of most companies are cutting down on IT resources and trying to either outsource or have captive centers in low cost destinations. Given that trend, I doubt if more permanent openings are available.
However, I see a spike in "Programm manager" type job where an on-shore person manages a team of off-shore developers sitting in countries like India.
What say?