amsgc
06-16 01:22 AM
http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch051407_P.html
Chat User : My husband is on H1B and is about to file for his I-485.
I am currently on an F-1 visa. Do I have to convert to H-4 to file for I-485
with my husband, or can I file while being on F-1? Please advise.
Attorney Murthy : A person can file the I-485 while still in F-1 status, but unlike the H1B/H-4 or L-1/L-2 which are dual intent, the F-1 is a pure nonimmigrant status. This means that, upon the I-485 filing, one is no longer considered to be in F-1 status, but converts to an adjustment applicant, eligible for the EAD and AP, etc.
Chat User : My husband is on H1B and is about to file for his I-485.
I am currently on an F-1 visa. Do I have to convert to H-4 to file for I-485
with my husband, or can I file while being on F-1? Please advise.
Attorney Murthy : A person can file the I-485 while still in F-1 status, but unlike the H1B/H-4 or L-1/L-2 which are dual intent, the F-1 is a pure nonimmigrant status. This means that, upon the I-485 filing, one is no longer considered to be in F-1 status, but converts to an adjustment applicant, eligible for the EAD and AP, etc.
acecupid
08-21 05:45 PM
My checks were cashed on Aug 20th for RD of Jul 16th :)
gman
07-08 08:08 PM
Where's this information posted?

yabadaba
04-17 02:58 PM
the perm user manual is pretty detailed.
What happens is whenever an application is created... a case number/application number is created with T as the prefix (T-123-4567)
as soon as the information is filled out, everything is updated, all boxes are checked and the lawyer submits the form/application... the case number/app number changes to (A-123-4567 or C-123-4567) for either Atlanta or Chicago (based on where u live).
What happens is whenever an application is created... a case number/application number is created with T as the prefix (T-123-4567)
as soon as the information is filled out, everything is updated, all boxes are checked and the lawyer submits the form/application... the case number/app number changes to (A-123-4567 or C-123-4567) for either Atlanta or Chicago (based on where u live).
more...
NikNikon
June 17th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Maybe my monitor is set a bit dark since I have yet to see my version as being too bright. Do pictures in my gallery seem to bright as well? If so I may have to do some adjustments.
H4_losing_hope
02-13 04:33 PM
H1B or not to Be is the question ?
join IV for the answers ;)
I like this one!
join IV for the answers ;)
I like this one!
more...

asanghi
01-24 11:43 AM
I just can't believe how many times this topic has come up, and yet keeps coming up.
We have had long heated discussions on this topic many times, and always come to the same conclusion and that is to push for filing I-485 without visa availability. This topis has so oft debated, there is no merit in kicking it up again.
We have had long heated discussions on this topic many times, and always come to the same conclusion and that is to push for filing I-485 without visa availability. This topis has so oft debated, there is no merit in kicking it up again.
Bhaskar_80
06-10 02:42 PM
Once again Thanks Mr. Glutin,
So it means, when I apply for H1B Transfer this time, I will get an H1B Visa valid till May 2012 right? Please let me know whether my assumption is right.
Also am I eligible to process my i140 through Premium Processing?
Thanks and Regards,
So it means, when I apply for H1B Transfer this time, I will get an H1B Visa valid till May 2012 right? Please let me know whether my assumption is right.
Also am I eligible to process my i140 through Premium Processing?
Thanks and Regards,
more...
HelloWorld2007
09-11 11:54 AM
Can anyone pls tell me what is the procedure for postponing one's fingerprinting appt. I am planning to travel outside US once I receive my receipt notice. Also, for how much time can the appt be maximum delayed..
thanks
thanks
fide_champ
03-14 02:10 PM
hello,
My mother has 10 yr multiple entry visa. She is planning to travel from Bangalore India to USA through Lufthansa Airways. She has a stop over at Frankfurt airport for about 3 hrs. Does she need to get a transit visa for that. Any recent experience or suggestion? Thanks.
If you have a valid US/Canada visa stamp, then you do not need a transit visa for Germany.
My mother has 10 yr multiple entry visa. She is planning to travel from Bangalore India to USA through Lufthansa Airways. She has a stop over at Frankfurt airport for about 3 hrs. Does she need to get a transit visa for that. Any recent experience or suggestion? Thanks.
If you have a valid US/Canada visa stamp, then you do not need a transit visa for Germany.
more...
vin13
03-11 04:28 PM
The answer to that question would be "no". Would the IO be satisfied with the job description of the new job? Would he ask if I filed AC21? I don't want to sound paranoid, but it would be great if there was anyone on these forums that was in a similar situation and was asked that question...
You do sound paranoid.
When the law doesnot require tht a person file AC21 when changing jobs and yet you are not satisfied. That is PARANOID.
People are going to give their personal experience. If you are not satisfied then get legal advise from a lawyer.
All Immigraton Officers will not ask the same questions nor react the same way for similar answers.
You do sound paranoid.
When the law doesnot require tht a person file AC21 when changing jobs and yet you are not satisfied. That is PARANOID.
People are going to give their personal experience. If you are not satisfied then get legal advise from a lawyer.
All Immigraton Officers will not ask the same questions nor react the same way for similar answers.
imm_pro
11-16 11:20 PM
my company went thru a round of layoffs and the lawyer made me wait for 6 months before filing for labor at that time....but the ad process was in progress during this time..
more...
mlghyd
08-10 11:15 PM
Any updates on the EAD and 245 rule
gc_kaavaali
05-21 02:10 PM
I really don't know...when i look at processing times...TSC done application until Feb 15th...last month it had Jan 29th...just moved 16 days...i don't know...i did e-filed may 9th...
I think the interim EAD is no longer available. But you might get your EAD before Aug 16th. I got my EAD in 45 days (paper file at NE)
I think the interim EAD is no longer available. But you might get your EAD before Aug 16th. I got my EAD in 45 days (paper file at NE)
more...
xu1
08-08 09:49 PM
I am sorry to say , but I have not seen any results from IV as well , they seem to be in the same boat as us, wait , wait and wait more, things will take care of themselves over time, seems to be the strategy.
And I'm more sorry to say: you haven't helped a single bit in your wait, wait and wait and more..
IV is doing all it can to organize a grassroot effort. Yes, the CIR probably have failled but then an organization by its pure belief and dedication to its own cause has demonstrated that we can help shape the law in the democracy. And by the time I become a US citizen, the time I spent watching how IV grows will help me become an effective participant in the democratic world of free market and capitalism.
God helps those who help themselves. Yes, in the end you may as well get your GC just most others here do. Let me simply end my displeasure reading your negativity with a good will: i hope the DOL, USCIS and the bureaucracy will take care of your GC dream.
And I'm more sorry to say: you haven't helped a single bit in your wait, wait and wait and more..
IV is doing all it can to organize a grassroot effort. Yes, the CIR probably have failled but then an organization by its pure belief and dedication to its own cause has demonstrated that we can help shape the law in the democracy. And by the time I become a US citizen, the time I spent watching how IV grows will help me become an effective participant in the democratic world of free market and capitalism.
God helps those who help themselves. Yes, in the end you may as well get your GC just most others here do. Let me simply end my displeasure reading your negativity with a good will: i hope the DOL, USCIS and the bureaucracy will take care of your GC dream.
gatsat
10-08 03:23 PM
No. Is there any way to get it delayed till my marriage ?
more...
JunRN
12-18 08:07 AM
AC21 is quite tricky. There is no hard and fast rule that if the ONET number is similar, USCIS will automatically rule in favor of the change. IO's will still look at the details of each job requirements and will check if it matches the requirements in the Labor Certification.
ONET number will somehow help specially if it falls under one category or number and the new job title is listed as sample. But remember, USCIS will still look at the details and will not rely on just the title.
ONET number will somehow help specially if it falls under one category or number and the new job title is listed as sample. But remember, USCIS will still look at the details and will not rely on just the title.
Oasis52
05-16 08:37 AM
Hi
Thanks for the replies
Actually I posted this same question on Lawbench.com (paid service) and one of thier lawyers provided me with this asnwer:
You cannot leave the United States while a change of employer petition is pending. Unless, that petition requests for Consular Processing. You would need to show your valid passport, H-1B visa, and current approval notice for Co B. Yes, you can enter with Company A's visa stamp.
If you cannot wait in the US for Company B's petition to be approved, you would need consular process the petition and travel with the approval notice.
My concern comes is WHAT SHE MEANS BY CONSULAR PROCESSING? Does it applies to Consular Processing?
Also what about H1 Protability 2001 ACT which says if transfer is in process, one can enter the country just on receipt?
Thanks for the replies
Actually I posted this same question on Lawbench.com (paid service) and one of thier lawyers provided me with this asnwer:
You cannot leave the United States while a change of employer petition is pending. Unless, that petition requests for Consular Processing. You would need to show your valid passport, H-1B visa, and current approval notice for Co B. Yes, you can enter with Company A's visa stamp.
If you cannot wait in the US for Company B's petition to be approved, you would need consular process the petition and travel with the approval notice.
My concern comes is WHAT SHE MEANS BY CONSULAR PROCESSING? Does it applies to Consular Processing?
Also what about H1 Protability 2001 ACT which says if transfer is in process, one can enter the country just on receipt?

rajmehrotra
12-21 02:07 PM
First we need to contact the madam @ 10 Janpath. Without her choreography Papa singh won't dance and neither will the daughter.
( Papa Singh isn't helping us much! It would be naive to assume his daughter will help us because of who her Papa is)
Please think:
A. WHY will ACLU assist us? Only because Ms. Singh is there?
B. WHY should Dr. Singh or Mrs. Gandhi assist us? We are trying to emigrate FROM India, NOT immigrate to India, after all.
C. Please do not formulate random "minority community" statements. It is kind of ironic to do so, given the fact that we, the EB immigrants, are usually parts of various minority communities in the U.S., and are desperately trying to make our case to the power structure here...
( Papa Singh isn't helping us much! It would be naive to assume his daughter will help us because of who her Papa is)
Please think:
A. WHY will ACLU assist us? Only because Ms. Singh is there?
B. WHY should Dr. Singh or Mrs. Gandhi assist us? We are trying to emigrate FROM India, NOT immigrate to India, after all.
C. Please do not formulate random "minority community" statements. It is kind of ironic to do so, given the fact that we, the EB immigrants, are usually parts of various minority communities in the U.S., and are desperately trying to make our case to the power structure here...
GoneSouth
07-11 11:14 AM
Congratulations!! Why didn't you do Concurrent filing in June?
I didn't have my I-485 documents compiled and ready for submission in June, so I just went and filed I-140 since that was ready. I figured I-140 would be approved by the time I had I-485 docs ready, and the July visa bulletin issued June 13th showed my PD current through July, so I wasn't worried.
Boy did I (and quite a few other people) get a nasty surprise on July 2!
I didn't have my I-485 documents compiled and ready for submission in June, so I just went and filed I-140 since that was ready. I figured I-140 would be approved by the time I had I-485 docs ready, and the July visa bulletin issued June 13th showed my PD current through July, so I wasn't worried.
Boy did I (and quite a few other people) get a nasty surprise on July 2!
venky08
07-28 05:07 PM
quite interesting find...do you have a reference?
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.