pnjbindia
10-08 03:48 PM
gasat,
No one can predict what the visa bullitin will do in the coming months. My suggestion is that atleast go and get a court marriage done if you can before May2008. It is possible that your PD may become current by May 2008. But no one can say that for sure...
Hi. I am still unmarried. But i applied for my I-485 when it was current last month . My priority date iss Nov2004 in EB2. Currently it is April2004. I might not be able to get married till May2008. Would i be getting GC by then or is there chances of getting delayed. Please let me know
Also, is there any way that i can keep postponing my application to be processed till i get married ? I filed in Augst 13th and still didnt get my receipt. Also my I-140 is in process in TSC.
Please clarify.
No one can predict what the visa bullitin will do in the coming months. My suggestion is that atleast go and get a court marriage done if you can before May2008. It is possible that your PD may become current by May 2008. But no one can say that for sure...
Hi. I am still unmarried. But i applied for my I-485 when it was current last month . My priority date iss Nov2004 in EB2. Currently it is April2004. I might not be able to get married till May2008. Would i be getting GC by then or is there chances of getting delayed. Please let me know
Also, is there any way that i can keep postponing my application to be processed till i get married ? I filed in Augst 13th and still didnt get my receipt. Also my I-140 is in process in TSC.
Please clarify.
sanz
03-31 12:07 PM
Sen. Grassley calls for new L-1 visa probe
Raises concern that a 2006 report on L-1 visa was ignored
WASHINGTON -- U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R.-Iowa) has asked the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspector general to investigate the L-1 visa program, saying he is increasingly concerned about loopholes in it.
Grassley on Tuesday released a letter to Charles Edwards, the DHS inspector general, asking him to dust off a 2006 inspector general report about the visa program and find out why the report's recommendations "were never implemented."
Grassley, who has been pressing for reforms of the H-1B visa, said he wants to find out the number of L-1 visa holders now living in the U.S.
The L-1 is used for multinational companies to bring employees into the U.S. and doesn't have has many restrictions as the H-1B visa, such as a prevailing wage requirement.
In his letter, Grassley wrote that "there's growing concern by many experts that companies are turning to L visas when the supply of H-1B visas are low. There is also a general consensus that L visas are being used to bring in 'rank and file' employees rather than top-level professionals with truly 'specialized knowledge.'" Specialized knowledge usually means advanced knowledge or expertise in a field.
In the 2006 study, the DHS's inspector general report referred to the L-1 visa as "the computer visa." It reported that from 1999 to 2004, nine of the 10 firms that petitioned for the most L-1 workers were computer and IT-related outsourcing service firms that specialized in labor from India. The number of L-1 petitions approved from 1995 to 2005, in most years, was just over 40,000. In 2001, nearly 60,000 were approved.
The report also found that the visa program was vulnerable to abuse and made several recommendations, including requiring immigration enforcement officers to assist in "checking the bona fides" of L visa petitions; putting in place a process for overseas verification of a petition; and clarifying what was meant by specialized knowledge, a requirement for the visa similar to what is asked for in H-1B visas.
Grassley said he wanted another look at the program because, "I have grown increasingly concerned that loopholes within the L-1 visa program have led to manipulation and broad overreach by those who use the program and have resulted in a great deal of fraud and abuse within the program
Raises concern that a 2006 report on L-1 visa was ignored
WASHINGTON -- U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R.-Iowa) has asked the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) inspector general to investigate the L-1 visa program, saying he is increasingly concerned about loopholes in it.
Grassley on Tuesday released a letter to Charles Edwards, the DHS inspector general, asking him to dust off a 2006 inspector general report about the visa program and find out why the report's recommendations "were never implemented."
Grassley, who has been pressing for reforms of the H-1B visa, said he wants to find out the number of L-1 visa holders now living in the U.S.
The L-1 is used for multinational companies to bring employees into the U.S. and doesn't have has many restrictions as the H-1B visa, such as a prevailing wage requirement.
In his letter, Grassley wrote that "there's growing concern by many experts that companies are turning to L visas when the supply of H-1B visas are low. There is also a general consensus that L visas are being used to bring in 'rank and file' employees rather than top-level professionals with truly 'specialized knowledge.'" Specialized knowledge usually means advanced knowledge or expertise in a field.
In the 2006 study, the DHS's inspector general report referred to the L-1 visa as "the computer visa." It reported that from 1999 to 2004, nine of the 10 firms that petitioned for the most L-1 workers were computer and IT-related outsourcing service firms that specialized in labor from India. The number of L-1 petitions approved from 1995 to 2005, in most years, was just over 40,000. In 2001, nearly 60,000 were approved.
The report also found that the visa program was vulnerable to abuse and made several recommendations, including requiring immigration enforcement officers to assist in "checking the bona fides" of L visa petitions; putting in place a process for overseas verification of a petition; and clarifying what was meant by specialized knowledge, a requirement for the visa similar to what is asked for in H-1B visas.
Grassley said he wanted another look at the program because, "I have grown increasingly concerned that loopholes within the L-1 visa program have led to manipulation and broad overreach by those who use the program and have resulted in a great deal of fraud and abuse within the program
aristotle
08-08 01:19 PM
San Jose. Courteous, but curt.
raj7480
05-24 02:58 PM
I think Quinn Gillespie will also opine on that and IV can take it from there.
I have some exp doing this for my company. If you need any help...let me know.
I have some exp doing this for my company. If you need any help...let me know.
more...
venky08
07-28 05:07 PM
quite interesting find...do you have a reference?
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Siboo
07-28 07:22 PM
My prediction for this year..
EB1 = Current
EB2 = Jan 2003 (Because of BEC cases coming out, chance for them to file I-485 in October)
EB3 = U
This looks like September 13 bulletin.
What about October 02, 2007 update??:D :D
EB1 = Current
EB2 = Jan 2003 (Because of BEC cases coming out, chance for them to file I-485 in October)
EB3 = U
This looks like September 13 bulletin.
What about October 02, 2007 update??:D :D
more...
gc2005
11-17 01:48 PM
That brings up a good point, why do you think all the PDs are moving except India?
Is there really that many applicants from India than China
Is there really that many applicants from India than China
legal_la
07-12 12:11 PM
I think it is true that once you are counted in the cap you will not be counted again. so you can switch back and forth H4 and H1 without being counted in the quota.
more...
Jai_MH
02-06 03:41 PM
Do you work for saicon.. I also signed something like this.
immi_enthu
12-28 09:39 AM
Which world are u? These dates are there online for more than 2 weeks now.
They were NOT. They just put DEC 14 as the post date but they were NOT available online until yesterday. Now where were you buddy ?
Look for the first news item posted today at : http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html
They were NOT. They just put DEC 14 as the post date but they were NOT available online until yesterday. Now where were you buddy ?
Look for the first news item posted today at : http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html
more...
belmontboy
08-10 10:41 PM
Even if they reform all your 9 issues, we would still be stuck in the GC mess.
The concerns should be 3-4, so that we don't appear demanding to the lawmakers, press and the public.
we should request:
1.) increase in GC numbers
2.) capturing unused visa's from previous years
3.) removing country cap
4.) reforming namecheck.
EB backlogs would be eliminated by sep end anyways.
The funny thing is ONLY now they are thinking about their JOB RESPONSIBILITIES which is to UPHOLD the Law!! However, they have not specified ANY TIMELINE for REFORM!!
SEPTEMBER Rally would be ideal to raise these issues!
ISSUES THAT WE COULD RAISE DURING THE RALLY
1. Eliminate EB Backlog
2. Processing Timeline for I-485
3. Faster processing of FBI Name Check(Questionable process according to USCIS OMBUDSMAN)
4. Uniform Processing Methodology across all USCIS Service Centers
5. Uniform Level of Customer Service across all USCIS Service Centers
6. Increase Coordination between USCIS and DOS
7. Allocation of ALL VISA Numbers by DOS at the beginning of fiscal year rather than a piece meal allocation during the first 3 quarters.
8. More Transparency and flexibility in invoking AC21
9. Decrease the time to invoke AC21 from 6 months to atleast 3 months
The concerns should be 3-4, so that we don't appear demanding to the lawmakers, press and the public.
we should request:
1.) increase in GC numbers
2.) capturing unused visa's from previous years
3.) removing country cap
4.) reforming namecheck.
EB backlogs would be eliminated by sep end anyways.
The funny thing is ONLY now they are thinking about their JOB RESPONSIBILITIES which is to UPHOLD the Law!! However, they have not specified ANY TIMELINE for REFORM!!
SEPTEMBER Rally would be ideal to raise these issues!
ISSUES THAT WE COULD RAISE DURING THE RALLY
1. Eliminate EB Backlog
2. Processing Timeline for I-485
3. Faster processing of FBI Name Check(Questionable process according to USCIS OMBUDSMAN)
4. Uniform Processing Methodology across all USCIS Service Centers
5. Uniform Level of Customer Service across all USCIS Service Centers
6. Increase Coordination between USCIS and DOS
7. Allocation of ALL VISA Numbers by DOS at the beginning of fiscal year rather than a piece meal allocation during the first 3 quarters.
8. More Transparency and flexibility in invoking AC21
9. Decrease the time to invoke AC21 from 6 months to atleast 3 months
uniqueuser
04-03 07:47 PM
Today at Boeing interview event I got very good offer. The HR lady congratulated me, kept offer letter in my hand. Then I told her that I'm an EAD holder. All my fear came true, and she said a big sorry and said EAD is not acceptable at any cost. Also she said, she can keep the offer in hold for me for 5 months. How can I expect green card in hand in 5 months. GOD don't give this situation to any one. just trying to reduce my pain here...
more...
Jayr
07-05 02:28 PM
I think the reasons may be a little more subtle than mean spiritedness and malice. Makes me wonder how performance is evaluated at the USCIS. If their evaluation system is such that a large number of applicants in backlog looks tacky on their report card, then that's incentive enough for them to not want a deluge of applicants.
by now everybody might have heard stories about how USCIS pulled staff and worked overtime and weekends to utilize the 60k visas in one month to prevent the july 485 filings.
What I am wondering is why did they do it. One obvious reason is the incresed fee comming into effect from July 30 2007. In addition to it what are the other reasons.
Is there any agenda within USCIS to prevent people from getting EAD and ac21 benefits?
Is USCIS filled with anti immgrant mentality who have takem upon themselves to make our lives difficult?
by now everybody might have heard stories about how USCIS pulled staff and worked overtime and weekends to utilize the 60k visas in one month to prevent the july 485 filings.
What I am wondering is why did they do it. One obvious reason is the incresed fee comming into effect from July 30 2007. In addition to it what are the other reasons.
Is there any agenda within USCIS to prevent people from getting EAD and ac21 benefits?
Is USCIS filled with anti immgrant mentality who have takem upon themselves to make our lives difficult?
nashim
04-07 02:55 PM
thanks gcisadawg,
more...
chanduv23
11-15 10:19 AM
Still only 6 people have courage to speak out. What is running in your veins, water?
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
eldrick
08-16 04:44 PM
Thanks that made feel better. Thank you again guys for your help.
more...
sam_hoosier
02-12 03:12 PM
(IZZAT KI SAWAL) ... It is IZZAT KA SAWAL.
I am lazy and may be more lazy then anyone. Good to hear from a new enthusiastic person.
Your enthu will go away soon.
What is the point of your post ? :)
I am lazy and may be more lazy then anyone. Good to hear from a new enthusiastic person.
Your enthu will go away soon.
What is the point of your post ? :)
heathere3
04-17 03:13 PM
It's alright abt the red dot. Is there a way I can find out who gave it to me? Just curious!
Thanks guyz for helping out!
Doesn't matter now, I fixed it! :D
I thought your post was completely logical and I'm interested in knowing if there's a way to draw the USCIS's attention to these bad employers!
Thanks guyz for helping out!
Doesn't matter now, I fixed it! :D
I thought your post was completely logical and I'm interested in knowing if there's a way to draw the USCIS's attention to these bad employers!
indianabacklog
10-25 02:29 PM
Ok, count on me and will be there at 11:00 am.
See you Saturday, please see the previous reply to USIRIT as I suggest we meet outside.
See you Saturday, please see the previous reply to USIRIT as I suggest we meet outside.
FredG
May 18th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Sometimes it's hard to get the dust off the sensor with one cleaning. I've cleaned mine once so far, and it still has some dust. I need to get some compressed air so I can recharge my $3 "sensor brush" from walmart and clean the CCD again. ;)Please continue to post your results with that brush. The article you initially referenced was quite interesting. You are the official Dphoto guinea pig for the $3 brush.