.jpg)
walking_dude
10-31 02:48 PM
Everyone,
Please provide your First Name, Last Name, Telephone Number, E-mail id (Yahoo). We will call you and let you in ( requests without Telephone numbers will not be approved)
Here's the link to MI Chapter Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ivmi
We can end this GC mess Together
Please provide your First Name, Last Name, Telephone Number, E-mail id (Yahoo). We will call you and let you in ( requests without Telephone numbers will not be approved)
Here's the link to MI Chapter Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ivmi
We can end this GC mess Together
shirish
02-23 02:21 PM
This issue was discussed in 2 other threds in the last 2 months. I don't remember the name of the threads. Please search.
The status of I-140 application may be important. Out of state tution may depend on the state.
What if I-140 is approved , and the primary applicant (H1) is waiting for the PD to be current, and the dependent wants to go to school. Will this have any impact on the GC process?
The status of I-140 application may be important. Out of state tution may depend on the state.
What if I-140 is approved , and the primary applicant (H1) is waiting for the PD to be current, and the dependent wants to go to school. Will this have any impact on the GC process?
hariswaminathan
01-10 02:57 PM
Its been 5 months , I'vent recieved the FP for myself. My case status still shows "The case has been transferred to Nebraska etc etc.."
Anybody in the same shoes?
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.
Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)
took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.
good luck to you!
Anybody in the same shoes?
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.
Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)
took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.
good luck to you!
waitforevergc
09-04 02:05 PM
People:
Please pray that EB2I becomes 2008 :)
I desperately want to file for i-485 and get EAD since my job is in shaky ground.
Please pray for me folks.
Please pray that EB2I becomes 2008 :)
I desperately want to file for i-485 and get EAD since my job is in shaky ground.
Please pray for me folks.
more...
hyderabad123
01-04 01:51 PM
Hi Chris,
I expedite my petion by calling to customercare. I recieved a letter from USCIS, saying that, your file assigned to adjudicating office. Can you please share your experience and if you get any update please do share with me.
Thanks in advance
I expedite my petion by calling to customercare. I recieved a letter from USCIS, saying that, your file assigned to adjudicating office. Can you please share your experience and if you get any update please do share with me.
Thanks in advance
wandmaker
06-19 07:08 AM
Folks,
I am due for an EAD renewal. However, my I-485 Receipt Notice got lost in mail. :(
Can I still e-file. A lot of you said, we have to send a copy of the receipt notice as a supporting document. Can I do without it.
Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thank You
-Bipin
Copy of your biometrics notice is enough in case of missing 485 receipt notices. And USCIS should be able to verify pending 485 with the A#.
I am due for an EAD renewal. However, my I-485 Receipt Notice got lost in mail. :(
Can I still e-file. A lot of you said, we have to send a copy of the receipt notice as a supporting document. Can I do without it.
Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thank You
-Bipin
Copy of your biometrics notice is enough in case of missing 485 receipt notices. And USCIS should be able to verify pending 485 with the A#.
more...

JunRN
12-17 03:49 PM
New job must match the LC...that's the trick. If it doesn't, it will get rejected and potentially, GC denied.
Career progression from Junior Programmer to Senior Programmer is possible. But to manager with less technical stuff and more management stuff, then it might get rejected because of huge difference from LC.
Always remember, get a job that is according to your LC because that is the one certified.
Career progression from Junior Programmer to Senior Programmer is possible. But to manager with less technical stuff and more management stuff, then it might get rejected because of huge difference from LC.
Always remember, get a job that is according to your LC because that is the one certified.
dc2007
07-05 10:28 PM
Thank you all for your help/suggestions. I'll try to add my wife in my employer plan, may be with lower premium and higher deductible for now. Also there is this insurance I found called 'HTH global citizen' that covers pregnancy after 12 months.
My suggestion is: "Go for HIGHER PREMIUM and LOW DEDUCTIBLE", other wise go for $3000 package.
But I can tell you even if doctor is saying $3000, you might be ending paying a lot more than that. Its medical, and I hope everything should go fine. But in case of any complexities, if you don't have insurance, you will end up paying like more than 10K (even in $3000 package).
Go for full coverage and add your wife to your insurance. This is my suggestion.
Good Luck
My suggestion is: "Go for HIGHER PREMIUM and LOW DEDUCTIBLE", other wise go for $3000 package.
But I can tell you even if doctor is saying $3000, you might be ending paying a lot more than that. Its medical, and I hope everything should go fine. But in case of any complexities, if you don't have insurance, you will end up paying like more than 10K (even in $3000 package).
Go for full coverage and add your wife to your insurance. This is my suggestion.
Good Luck
more...
Lydia
06-18 11:33 AM
babu123
When had filed my I140 I did send my coworkers reference letter ...yet i got a rfe requesting for employer's experience letter..
When had filed my I140 I did send my coworkers reference letter ...yet i got a rfe requesting for employer's experience letter..
ds37
07-16 10:50 AM
You need to hand over the I-94, only when leaving the country. No need to send it. If you didn't hand over, you need to send it. Always to have AP, if you want to go abroad or emergency travel, if your H1/H4 stamping in the passport is expired. USCIS prefer AP over other visa document when you come back from abroad (if you filed I-485).
Thanks A lot Dealsnet.
DS
Thanks A lot Dealsnet.
DS
more...
addsf345
07-17 06:46 PM
Just got back from Canada. It was really straightforward.
Showed passport and GC at Canadian checkpost... No questions asked about canadian immigration.
On the way back showed green cards, again no questions....
Wow... after almost 10 years on H1, it is unbelievable how uneventful travel on GC can be :D
so this is only for ppl with BOTH white card and green card.
what bout rest of us like who never been to canada or applied for canadian white card. if i get GC in future and visit canada, will I face any issues? just wondering?
Showed passport and GC at Canadian checkpost... No questions asked about canadian immigration.
On the way back showed green cards, again no questions....
Wow... after almost 10 years on H1, it is unbelievable how uneventful travel on GC can be :D
so this is only for ppl with BOTH white card and green card.
what bout rest of us like who never been to canada or applied for canadian white card. if i get GC in future and visit canada, will I face any issues? just wondering?
gc2
09-22 05:24 PM
Do the following job descriptions qualify for AC21 provided all other factors such as salary and 485 pending for 180+ days have been met
Job A: Techincal Consultant
- Configures and implements risk management solutions using ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML, XSLT/XPATH.
- Basic working understanding of SQL Server, Oracle and related query language and tools
- Consulting development experience in IT or Systems Integration
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
Job B: Project Manager
- Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
etc etc.
On promotion with the same employer, i will have responsibilities for job B but i am looking to change employers. can i join new employer with job B and use AC21 ?
Job A: Techincal Consultant
- Configures and implements risk management solutions using ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML, XSLT/XPATH.
- Basic working understanding of SQL Server, Oracle and related query language and tools
- Consulting development experience in IT or Systems Integration
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
Job B: Project Manager
- Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
etc etc.
On promotion with the same employer, i will have responsibilities for job B but i am looking to change employers. can i join new employer with job B and use AC21 ?
more...
ck_b2001
09-11 09:03 PM
i am not sure if my lawyer has the receipts. my case was sent on 6.29.2007 and received on july 2nd.
i got my FP notice (for my wife also) yesterday in mail for 9/25 appt.
from the receipt number on FP notice i checked it on USCIS website. it says that they received the 485 app on 30 aug. and the LUD on 485 is 9/3.
sent Jun 29th, recieved Jul 2nd at TSC. Got FP notice for 10/03. Lawyer recieved Reciepts yesterday with Notice Date of 09/05. LUD was 9/3. Website says they recieved app 30 aug (did not make sense to me). Lawyer further told me i will get EAD Card directly before they will recieve approval notice. AP will be recieved by lawyers directly.
i got my FP notice (for my wife also) yesterday in mail for 9/25 appt.
from the receipt number on FP notice i checked it on USCIS website. it says that they received the 485 app on 30 aug. and the LUD on 485 is 9/3.
sent Jun 29th, recieved Jul 2nd at TSC. Got FP notice for 10/03. Lawyer recieved Reciepts yesterday with Notice Date of 09/05. LUD was 9/3. Website says they recieved app 30 aug (did not make sense to me). Lawyer further told me i will get EAD Card directly before they will recieve approval notice. AP will be recieved by lawyers directly.
gc2
02-19 11:22 AM
Green Card Through Marriage To U.S. Citizen (http://srwlawyers.com/ImmigrationOptions/GreenCard/GreenCardThroughMarriageToUSCitizen/tabid/173/Default.aspx)
more...
manja
06-29 03:13 PM
Thanks. Hmm...I was not aware of this 30 days rule. I'll check with the insurance companies....otherwise I'm in trouble :)
Thanks again!
Thanks again!
Munshi75
03-07 09:52 PM
if you have your I-140 approved then you should be ok, provided your earned more than the prevailing wage for that year.
more...
lkapildev
01-10 04:19 PM
LC Sub pd 2001 EB2
lazycis
10-06 01:22 PM
The law says (8 USC 1154):
"(j) Job flexibility for long delayed applicants for adjustment of status to permanent residence
A petition under subsection (a)(1)(D) of this section for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 1255 of this title has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed."
"(j) Job flexibility for long delayed applicants for adjustment of status to permanent residence
A petition under subsection (a)(1)(D) of this section for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 1255 of this title has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed."
apahilaj
03-28 02:56 PM
I got this from different website(not sure if I can quote here).
Before going /planning for a perticular consualte, you can email the consulate with a i797 copy asking them to check if it exists in their system. If it doesn't then they will request concerned athorities to make it available in system so that you won't get stuck with PIMS delay. So far I have heard mexico/canada consualte responding to emails positively.
I will be mailing(canada consulate) them soon. Will keep you updated if i hear anything from them. if it works..its indeed a good options for us.:D
Many thanks for this useful post .
I am not sure about consulates in India though. Any one, any idea?
Before going /planning for a perticular consualte, you can email the consulate with a i797 copy asking them to check if it exists in their system. If it doesn't then they will request concerned athorities to make it available in system so that you won't get stuck with PIMS delay. So far I have heard mexico/canada consualte responding to emails positively.
I will be mailing(canada consulate) them soon. Will keep you updated if i hear anything from them. if it works..its indeed a good options for us.:D
Many thanks for this useful post .
I am not sure about consulates in India though. Any one, any idea?
pappu
04-10 02:19 PM
Please keep sending all bugs and requested features in a PM.
A few people are leading this effort and collecting the bugs and new features
Chanduv23, needhelp!, walking_dude and santb1975 are people you can PM and they will help make this tracker better
A few people are leading this effort and collecting the bugs and new features
Chanduv23, needhelp!, walking_dude and santb1975 are people you can PM and they will help make this tracker better
qasleuth
07-17 11:35 AM
If you are serious about discussing issues like this, I would suggest you take opinions/bias out of your arguments.
All of your below listed biases are classic anti-immigrant groups' slogans.
"unskilled/low skill immigrants cause higher unemployment", "unskilled/low skilled immigration == jobs not created, remain uneployed", "DV / Family based immigration brings in unskilled/low skilled immigrants"
If you want a healthy discussion, do some research and provide data to support your assertions or ask for data before you make assertions. This thread will quickly turn into a bash fest against so called "unskilled" workers.
And, how do you define "unskilled/low skilled" ? as compared to what ? A Java programmer ?
I agree as well as dis-agree.
numberUSA give this argument for all the immigration communities which I am sure is from a different perspective (xenophobic or race). They just don't want any immigrants no matter what.
I am talking only about this crisis and merely from economic point of view. About choosing based upon what is good for the economy and what is not.
Thanks,
M.
All of your below listed biases are classic anti-immigrant groups' slogans.
"unskilled/low skill immigrants cause higher unemployment", "unskilled/low skilled immigration == jobs not created, remain uneployed", "DV / Family based immigration brings in unskilled/low skilled immigrants"
If you want a healthy discussion, do some research and provide data to support your assertions or ask for data before you make assertions. This thread will quickly turn into a bash fest against so called "unskilled" workers.
And, how do you define "unskilled/low skilled" ? as compared to what ? A Java programmer ?
I agree as well as dis-agree.
numberUSA give this argument for all the immigration communities which I am sure is from a different perspective (xenophobic or race). They just don't want any immigrants no matter what.
I am talking only about this crisis and merely from economic point of view. About choosing based upon what is good for the economy and what is not.
Thanks,
M.