Wednesday, June 8, 2011

wallpaper background

wallpaper background. wallpaper background
  • wallpaper background



  • TeddyKoochu
    06-01 02:07 PM
    I agree and believe we can get #3 passed. It will provide relief to thousands like myself who have to struggle to maintain a status.
    I have asked this question several times to IV/Pappu but got no response. Is is possible to ask for this provision asap ? We know that IV is working on a bigger cause to get us all GC's but honestly no one is sure when and if CIR will happen. Even if it does no one can guarantee that our interests will not be put aside.
    I am surprised that whenever I ask for this temporary relief, I see no one else coming forward. I know that there are thousands waiting to file their I-485 but no one wants to speak up ?! That's very disheartening !

    Satya & OP. I agree with you. Point # 3 is very significant to many many people who don't have EAD. I believe that nothing also happened to the pre-filing concept which would have allowed this. I also do very sincerely appreciate IV's efforts for the larger cause of CIR, let�s see what happens.





    wallpaper background. Steampunk Wallpaper-Background
  • Steampunk Wallpaper-Background



  • fall2004us
    09-14 03:50 PM
    listening.......
    great job IV....





    wallpaper background. wallpaper backgrounds.
  • wallpaper backgrounds.



  • Queen Josephine
    May 17th, 2005, 09:15 AM
    Awesome idea!
    Anymore idea anyone while I'm out and about on my day off?;)

    Joe, if you haven't noticed by now, I'm a photoshop person, so when I looked at your photos, I picked one that I thought promised the most interest if processed in photoshop, so I liked the 3rd one since it contained elements that draw the eye along into the distance.... I also processed it in photoshop (NO, I did not add or alter anything....just worked with layers and color enhancement... everything you see is in your original photo).

    Here's what it looks like with the shadows lifted and the original sky brought out.





    wallpaper background. wallpaper / ackground
  • wallpaper / ackground



  • Blog Feeds
    01-25 02:20 PM
    Last week, Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) introduced the Bipartisan Reform of Immigration through Good Enforcement Resolution in the lower house of Congress. According to Congressman Chaffetz, the resolution does three things: � make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, and hold employees accountable as well; � provide sufficient border infrastructure and manpower to secure and control our borders; and, � reject amnesty and any legal status which pardons those here in violation of our laws. At first I thought this was the usual anti-immigrant measure we expect to see from the folks in the Immigration Reform Caucus. But an interview with...

    More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2010/01/compromises-coming-on-immigration-reform.html)



    more...


    wallpaper background. Wallpaper Backgrounds!
  • Wallpaper Backgrounds!



  • Wish_Good
    10-14 03:04 PM
    Hi All,

    Right now Iam working with company A.
    My old pending labor got approved with my
    previous employer. Can I file I-140 from my previous
    employer.

    Looking into the present situation. Senior's
    please give your valuable advice.

    Thanks,





    wallpaper background. baby wallpaper background
  • baby wallpaper background



  • eb3_nepa
    11-05 10:28 PM
    Hello everyone,

    Can anyone shed more light on what kind of jobs qualify for NON-Cap H1B jobs?

    A few months ago people had floated the term "Non Cap H1bs".

    Thanks



    more...


    wallpaper background. Background Wallpapers.
  • Background Wallpapers.



  • cool_cat
    09-26 05:11 PM
    Hi, My application for I485 was received by Texas service centre. I have not received my RN and neither is my check has been cashed yet. I am confused looking at the online dates at www.USCIS.gov. Is there anyone who filled on 2nd of july and have not heard back from USCIS.
    Thanks!





    wallpaper background. wallpaper background images.
  • wallpaper background images.



  • superdude
    08-15 02:04 PM
    eeeee thats painful. Happend so many times. It is like Lotto but at the end we say Samay se pehle or Bhagya se adhik kuch nahi milta (before time and more than your destiny you don't get anything)

    Please refrain from using non english languages in the forums



    more...


    wallpaper background. wallpaper background images.
  • wallpaper background images.



  • mbartosik
    09-12 07:34 PM
    If you are on bench, not getting paid, your employer normally asks you to send him a letter stating that you are on vacation. This needs to be done every month. For the period you are on vacation, there may not be any pay stubs. Once you get any project, you will send your employer another letter saying that you are back and ready to work for them.

    With this approach, you WILL NOT get any trouble from USCIS or anyone. If any RFP comes, then, employer will show these documents and clear the issues. I did this in the past and all my friends who were in different stages (like Labor filed, I-140 filed, 485 filed) also did and had no problems.

    But as always it is advised that to talk to the lawyer who is working on your case is best suited to answer as that person is to submit the paper work.

    If you are "on the bench" the employer is obligated to pay you.
    If you state that you are on vacation when in fact your are "on bench", and later misrepresent being on the bench as vacation to USCIS you and your employer either committing fraud or conspiring to commit fraud.

    The employer must allow for "on the bench" time in the salary quoted in the LCA that accompanies the I-129 for H1B. If "on the bench" time is not allowed for it probably invalidates the prevailing wage comparison.

    If your employer does not allow for 'on the bench' time in the wage rates quoted, then there is a reasonable argument that you are not meeting prevailing wage, and are infact undercutting US wages (and then some of what Lou Dobbs says is right).

    If you are a consultant you could drop the quoted salary on LCA (but must remain above prevailing wage) to allow for risk of "on the bench" or any other circumstances. That way there is money to cover any gap. However, that requires more trust in the middle man - employer.

    I'm not sure if I've read it right, but it looks to me like you have made a public confession here.

    Of course the period between projects is an ideal time for vacation, as there is no project schedule to deal with. So whether the law is being broken I guess depends on what the motivation is for the vacation, something that is hard to prove. If the employer says you are going to tell him that you are on vacation until he finds more work then that sounds illegal. If on the other hand if you say, "how about I take this opportunity for some vacation?", it is okay.

    One would hope that USCIS expercise common sense. However, common sense could mean being suspicious of gaps because the system is clearly open to abuse.





    wallpaper background. wallpaper background
  • wallpaper background



  • GCBy3000
    05-18 09:22 AM
    I think employer should bear the full cost of H1B and H1B extension. It is illegal for the employer to get that money from employee.



    more...


    wallpaper background. wallpaper background
  • wallpaper background



  • krish.d.rao
    07-25 10:39 PM
    you can use AC21 even if your I140 is not approved, provided your GC sponsoring employer does not revoke it. I am speaking from personal experience.
    I was stuck in the same job for 7 years and changed jobs after 180 days of filing my 485. At that time my I140 had been pending for 12 months but i took a chance. Later i got an RFE on my I140 (experience letters) but it was approved a few days after i sent in the required information.
    The job description was the same although my new salary was about twice the amount mentoned in my labor. AC21 provision was created keeping in mind the extensive backlogs so if you have a good relation with your present employer go ahead and make use of it.





    wallpaper background. ackground wallpaper for
  • ackground wallpaper for



  • ghost
    02-07 11:19 AM
    Please share about the discussion. Unfortunately I am unable to watch it due to proxy firewall.

    Immigration Policy: Highly Skilled Workers and U.S. Competitiveness and Innovation - Brookings Institution (http://www.brookings.edu/events/2011/0207_immigration.aspx)

    Please contact Brookings Communications at the contact info provided for the event material.



    more...


    wallpaper background. Antique Wallpaper Background
  • Antique Wallpaper Background



  • indyanguy
    07-31 11:17 AM
    You are not. EAD is basically for spouse. Primary applicant need to be careful on using EAD.

    When you say careful, what do you think needs to be avoided? What are the dos and dont's of a primary applicant who wants to use their EAD?





    wallpaper background. Wallpaper/Background for
  • Wallpaper/Background for



  • permgc
    12-06 10:20 AM
    Guys, I filed my I-131 online and I got receipt number LINxxx for Nebraska service center even though I reside and work in NorthEast region for which service center is Texas. My 485 application is pending at Nebraska center, so that might be the reason I got a receipt number for Nebraska center. On the confirmation reciept Nebraska center's address is listed for sending required documents.
    I am not sure if I need to send the documents to Nebraska or Texas (as my residence falls under this center).

    Could some knowledgable member throw some light on this?

    Also, address is P.O.Box address, so can I use FedEx to send my documents or do I need to use USPS.

    Reply would be greatly appreciated.



    more...


    wallpaper background. ackground wallpaper. star
  • ackground wallpaper. star



  • felix31
    02-12 04:59 PM
    Folks,

    employer's attorney claims that there is no such thing as H4 premium processing.

    Can anyone point me to the correct memo where Premium filing was made available for I-539 applications?

    I searched all Mathew-Oh updates dated one year ago and can't locate it.

    I need to get that h4 under premium ASAP so that I can transfer to H1 in April.

    Can anyone please help?





    wallpaper background. Wallpaper Backgrounds
  • Wallpaper Backgrounds



  • Better_Days
    10-19 09:43 PM
    I had an I-485 pending when my first I-140 was denied. The cases ended up with AAO.

    I started a new GC process in PERM and the second I-140 was approved. After approval I noticed a LUD on my pending 485. I called the 1-800 number and asked for the I-140 number underlying my I-485. To my surprise, I was given the receipt number for the second I-140. What surprised me was that the my priority date was not current.

    I can only assume that when one has more than one I-140 pending with the same employer (remember that a I-140 with MTR or with AAO is considered to be pending), the first one to get approved gets linked with the I-485. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS PLEASE?

    The interesting thing is that the AAO woke from it's slumber and issued an RFE last week. As a result of the RFE, both my I-140 have changed their status and now show "Post Decision Activity".

    The quoted post above describes my situation. I140 and I485 were pending. I140 got denied and ended up with AAO. Second I140 got approved and I485 is linked with this 2nd approved I140 even though the priority date was not current.

    Called USCIS twice to get the receipt number of the 140 underlying my 485 and got the receipt number for the second, approved 140 everytime.

    The company has received an RFE from the AAO and they simply are in no mood to respond to it. They are going to withdraw the first 140. The lawyer retained by my company is absolutely clueless about how and why the second,approved 140 got linked with the pending 485 without the priority date being current. He is trying to play it safe by covering his own behind by saying statements like "USCIS made a mistake and if they every discovered this mistake in future, I will be regarded as being out of status from the day I used any EAD based on this pending 485", He is suggesting that we file a new 485 when the dates being current ( I am EB3/ROW).

    Now I know that there are a lot of people who have had their 485s linked to their second, approved 140 automatically. Did this happen to any of you without the PD being current? Please do respond if you are in this boat.

    Also, is there a policy or memo that explicitly refers to it? Can anyone please provide me a reference?

    If the first 140 is withdrawn? Will it have ANY impact on the second 140 or the pending 485? The reason I ask this question is that after the AAO issed an RFE, the status on both my 140's changed to "Post Decisioon Activity". This is what worries me the most.

    Any comment on any of the above questions will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks for you time.



    more...


    wallpaper background. Wallpaper Background
  • Wallpaper Background



  • for_gc
    05-09 12:49 PM
    I will like to attend. I will be travelling from Orlando, FL. One person.





    wallpaper background. man Wallpaper, Background,
  • man Wallpaper, Background,



  • aarzoo
    08-23 06:23 PM
    It took almost 3 months to get the approval. Key points:
    1. USCIS does not accept I-140 PP as the original Labor approval is not included.
    2. I am not sure if USCIS requests a duplicate copy of labor from DOL or they locate the orginal labor in the old file.
    3. Make sure you ask your employer to download the labor approval from DOL website and complete it (employer's signature and your signature) and send it along with the I-140 application.

    Hope it helps....Good luck





    wallpaper background. green wallpaper background
  • green wallpaper background



  • green_card_curious
    03-08 01:04 PM
    Thanks Hopefulgc. What is AFAIK?





    InTheMoment
    07-17 08:45 PM
    What ?? Why do you even have any such doubts :confused:! Once you have US GC all rules about maintaining it apply. Nothing changes if you visit Canada and return to US if you are well within those rules!!





    FredG
    May 16th, 2005, 08:23 PM
    Joey, I like the last one with 2 suggestions. 1) As Josh suggested, get rid of the birds and retake it when the shadows are a bit less imposing. 2) Stage a foreground object. The path is too bland, and needs an anchor or point of interest. It doesn't have to be large. A park bench, a log beside the path, a small shrub near the path, for example, maybe even a blanket with a picnic basket on it. Not sure it would blend in, but maybe even a (subdued) hopscotch layout in chalk on the path. That would establish your "near". I like the "far" in this shot. At first, far appears to be straight down the path. But then you realize that far actually bends behind those smal trees to the left of the path, and the furtherst point ends up between those and the large single tree. I found my eyes taking a nice journey in those directions. Just a few thoughts.