
Ramkumar
03-17 10:58 AM
Hi,
I�m in EB2 and My I-140 was approved September 2008 through Employer A. And I got laid off on November 2009 from EMP A, within 15 days I joined another Employer B. As per policy, employer B is not going to file GC for me. Already I spend 5 years on my H1B. I check with EMP A�s HR dept, they will not revoke my I-140 and H1B. I know AC21 is one of the options to transfer (Portability) my PD to Emp B after apply I-485.
It would be great if I get answer the below my Question:
1. If my PD is current, Will I eligible to apply I-485 using Employer A I-140 approved?
2. What are the documents needed from employer A, if I want apply I-485?
3. All my friends telling me, I can apply I-485, Is it true?
Tons of Thanks,
Ramkumar
I�m in EB2 and My I-140 was approved September 2008 through Employer A. And I got laid off on November 2009 from EMP A, within 15 days I joined another Employer B. As per policy, employer B is not going to file GC for me. Already I spend 5 years on my H1B. I check with EMP A�s HR dept, they will not revoke my I-140 and H1B. I know AC21 is one of the options to transfer (Portability) my PD to Emp B after apply I-485.
It would be great if I get answer the below my Question:
1. If my PD is current, Will I eligible to apply I-485 using Employer A I-140 approved?
2. What are the documents needed from employer A, if I want apply I-485?
3. All my friends telling me, I can apply I-485, Is it true?
Tons of Thanks,
Ramkumar
ideas for minecraft. House ideas for minecraft
sunflowershower
12-03 11:52 PM
First, thank you all for your kind and fast replies,
My family's I-140 was passed and we've finish all the stages, except for the I-485 at this point (it is under 'pending'). I also have work permit/authorization. I am pretty sure they are using the age of the visa availability date at the time the Form I-485 was filed (I was 19 at that time).
I understand I can travel abroad if I file for AP but that's only for 1 year, is there any other way that allow me to go abroad for 1 and half year?
But I'm assuming it is better not to leave US while I-485 is still in process? :(
What are my chances of getting I-485 approved? I have heard some incidence where under (seemingly) similar situation, only the parents' I-485 got passed but their older child (who passed 21) got denied.
My family's I-140 was passed and we've finish all the stages, except for the I-485 at this point (it is under 'pending'). I also have work permit/authorization. I am pretty sure they are using the age of the visa availability date at the time the Form I-485 was filed (I was 19 at that time).
I understand I can travel abroad if I file for AP but that's only for 1 year, is there any other way that allow me to go abroad for 1 and half year?
But I'm assuming it is better not to leave US while I-485 is still in process? :(
What are my chances of getting I-485 approved? I have heard some incidence where under (seemingly) similar situation, only the parents' I-485 got passed but their older child (who passed 21) got denied.
ideas for minecraft. Minecraft achieved cult status
pappu
08-19 01:27 PM
Hi,
My wife's EAD is expiring on 8/3, and the renewal was filed on 5/19 w/ notice date 5/24.
We have just requested expedite request but may not get it in time.
She just entered into USA using AP in July.
485 was filed in Aug 07.
If she continues to work till the EAD is processed, would she be protected under rule 245K? Does she need to stop working immediately?
And what happens if she does not get the EAD by Aug 19 (90 days)? Would the infopass office issue an interim EAD based on the application?
Thanks,
You can ask this in the Attorney conference call today
My wife's EAD is expiring on 8/3, and the renewal was filed on 5/19 w/ notice date 5/24.
We have just requested expedite request but may not get it in time.
She just entered into USA using AP in July.
485 was filed in Aug 07.
If she continues to work till the EAD is processed, would she be protected under rule 245K? Does she need to stop working immediately?
And what happens if she does not get the EAD by Aug 19 (90 days)? Would the infopass office issue an interim EAD based on the application?
Thanks,
You can ask this in the Attorney conference call today
ideas for minecraft. Post your minecraft Ideas
ganguteli
03-27 10:28 AM
Just an idea, if emails or letters doesn't reach Obama...may be IV should consider an open letter to Obama,Congress and Senate by buying space in major news papers
and suggesting the obvious economic benefits(buying homes, home renovations, buying durable goods etc) of speeding legal immigration.
Just one space buy in a major newspaper will cost 10s of thousands of dollars. I think it is a waste of money.
and suggesting the obvious economic benefits(buying homes, home renovations, buying durable goods etc) of speeding legal immigration.
Just one space buy in a major newspaper will cost 10s of thousands of dollars. I think it is a waste of money.
more...
ideas for minecraft. Ongoing Minecraft Projects:
dammu
04-14 08:44 PM
Hi,
I am on H1B without job and no paystubs.
My employer has been trying to find a project for me but till now he couldnt get anything.
Its been 6 months alreay since I am on H1B visa.
He made me modify my actual experience to include fake projects .
Now I am thinking of filing a complaint to DOL.
I have my H1B petition and offer letter from the employer.
But I am worried that if I file complaint ,my employer will threaten me telling that I faked my experience and submitted fake resumes.
What should I do? Will DOL take any action against me?
Any success stories of DOL complaint filing?
I am on H1B without job and no paystubs.
My employer has been trying to find a project for me but till now he couldnt get anything.
Its been 6 months alreay since I am on H1B visa.
He made me modify my actual experience to include fake projects .
Now I am thinking of filing a complaint to DOL.
I have my H1B petition and offer letter from the employer.
But I am worried that if I file complaint ,my employer will threaten me telling that I faked my experience and submitted fake resumes.
What should I do? Will DOL take any action against me?
Any success stories of DOL complaint filing?
ideas for minecraft. Minecraft iPhone app
laborfd
07-27 09:47 AM
Guys,
I just created a search engine (http://immisearch.blogspot.com/) to help all people looking for a better way to search topics around immigration related activites. The search engine came as a result of my countless hours that I spent searching to answers around the web.
Try searching for any information with h1b, h4, Green Card, I-485, I140, citizenship etc, and the engine should give you a better result.
Leave a comment at the blog and let me know what else could be improved.
http://immisearch.blogspot.com/
-Vikram
Cool, good job, very useful :)
I just created a search engine (http://immisearch.blogspot.com/) to help all people looking for a better way to search topics around immigration related activites. The search engine came as a result of my countless hours that I spent searching to answers around the web.
Try searching for any information with h1b, h4, Green Card, I-485, I140, citizenship etc, and the engine should give you a better result.
Leave a comment at the blog and let me know what else could be improved.
http://immisearch.blogspot.com/
-Vikram
Cool, good job, very useful :)
more...
ideas for minecraft. City from a Minecraft
eldrick
08-16 04:44 PM
Thanks that made feel better. Thank you again guys for your help.
ideas for minecraft. Subject: The Minecraft Club
bayoubengal
09-24 09:33 PM
I applied for 485 on July 2nd , did not even get any RN......Guess all we need to do is wait.
more...
ideas for minecraft. Mo Creatures Minecraft Mod
lazycis
10-06 01:22 PM
The law says (8 USC 1154):
"(j) Job flexibility for long delayed applicants for adjustment of status to permanent residence
A petition under subsection (a)(1)(D) of this section for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 1255 of this title has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed."
"(j) Job flexibility for long delayed applicants for adjustment of status to permanent residence
A petition under subsection (a)(1)(D) of this section for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 1255 of this title has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed."
ideas for minecraft. /images/news-pics/minecraft.
appusheth
03-19 01:50 AM
I have already started procedure for filing a new PERM. Nothing will work the lawyer said. We have to file a new PERM.
more...
ideas for minecraft. of us play Minecraft here.
makemygc
07-12 12:04 PM
I don't believe so.
Only H1 transfers have no cap, apart from non-profits.......
Isn't?
This is really news to me. I thought once you switch to H4 from H1, your H1 is gone. To come back on H1, you have to re-apply which will be subjected to cap.
Are you sure on this? If this is true, this can be really helpful for some folks.
Only H1 transfers have no cap, apart from non-profits.......
Isn't?
This is really news to me. I thought once you switch to H4 from H1, your H1 is gone. To come back on H1, you have to re-apply which will be subjected to cap.
Are you sure on this? If this is true, this can be really helpful for some folks.
ideas for minecraft. Another Minecraft addict like
sivaji2007
03-28 09:00 PM
Many thanks for IV to get this fixed for students. I am student member of IV since 2007.
I have posted this message in other forums and urged the student community to join IV.
IV rocks!
Balan
Until now, the student community and the OPT community felt that IVs goals were not in sync with them.
OPT is now being considered to be extended for 29 months. This is a big boost for students who want to pursue their American dream.
So, if you are a student or an OPT candidate, you are definitely benefitted by this move.
This is a call for all students/OPT to unite under IV umbrella. Please sign on this thread and pledge your support to IV. Spread the message among your community. Urge everyone to join IV. Start getting active on IV. Most of you are young talented folks from all over the world, and your talent and freshness will keep IV going strong.
So join IV now and join your State chapters. Spread the message among your friends.
I have posted this message in other forums and urged the student community to join IV.
IV rocks!
Balan
Until now, the student community and the OPT community felt that IVs goals were not in sync with them.
OPT is now being considered to be extended for 29 months. This is a big boost for students who want to pursue their American dream.
So, if you are a student or an OPT candidate, you are definitely benefitted by this move.
This is a call for all students/OPT to unite under IV umbrella. Please sign on this thread and pledge your support to IV. Spread the message among your community. Urge everyone to join IV. Start getting active on IV. Most of you are young talented folks from all over the world, and your talent and freshness will keep IV going strong.
So join IV now and join your State chapters. Spread the message among your friends.
more...
ideas for minecraft. Minecraft Food update Ideas
cmanoj2000
07-28 01:29 AM
Came to US in 2004. But never was after GC. Applied in Feb 2008 EB2. So does not look like will get my GC in next couple of years.
'cooler' has well said that value of GC has changed as life has progressed. Now thinking of going back as parents getting older. Plus daughter has US citizenship. If she wants to come back here, that is her privilege.
Completing 40 SS credits next year. So can return after that. Bought home in 2006 at the peak of the buble so getting out of the house is probably the only hurdle left.
'cooler' has well said that value of GC has changed as life has progressed. Now thinking of going back as parents getting older. Plus daughter has US citizenship. If she wants to come back here, that is her privilege.
Completing 40 SS credits next year. So can return after that. Bought home in 2006 at the peak of the buble so getting out of the house is probably the only hurdle left.
ideas for minecraft. Your wooden minecraft page
Munna Bhai
01-09 01:14 PM
Mine is Feb 2007 NSC. I-140 got RFE on Oct will be replying sometime this week.
Looks like they may work on May 2007 cases sometime this month occording to NSC progress.
please share your inputs
Looks like they may work on May 2007 cases sometime this month occording to NSC progress.
please share your inputs
more...
ideas for minecraft. Minecraft: The Adventures of…
seahawks
08-05 09:57 PM
Who gets the AP (Advance parole) document from USCIS , candidate or lawyer who filed it ?
Filed using G28
My AP went to the lawyer.
My Receipt went to the lawyer too.
FP notice came to me, copy to lawyer.
EAD approved, expecting card it to come to me.
Hope this helps.
Filed using G28
My AP went to the lawyer.
My Receipt went to the lawyer too.
FP notice came to me, copy to lawyer.
EAD approved, expecting card it to come to me.
Hope this helps.
ideas for minecraft. mortal kombat logo minecraft.
crystal
06-15 03:33 PM
My wife has changed her status from H4 to F1 in last
year. She will be on F1-studies till July mid
of this year. Few weeks back she got her EAD for her
F1-OPT, which will start on Aug 15 of this year.
As I am going to file AOS for her and also EAD, will
she able to work on her OPT-EAD till she gets her
I-485 EAD? Or She need to wait till she gets her
I-485 EAD to work?
As far as I know she need to wait till she gets her EAD of 485.
I sent a mail to lawyer he did not respond yet.
She is going to meet her international advisor on this sometime next week
, but he does not seem to be an expert in this area.
any ideas on this one?
year. She will be on F1-studies till July mid
of this year. Few weeks back she got her EAD for her
F1-OPT, which will start on Aug 15 of this year.
As I am going to file AOS for her and also EAD, will
she able to work on her OPT-EAD till she gets her
I-485 EAD? Or She need to wait till she gets her
I-485 EAD to work?
As far as I know she need to wait till she gets her EAD of 485.
I sent a mail to lawyer he did not respond yet.
She is going to meet her international advisor on this sometime next week
, but he does not seem to be an expert in this area.
any ideas on this one?
more...
ideas for minecraft. Minecraft gives you incentive
gc28262
01-16 04:48 PM
If I am going to get a new H1B ,do I still need to invoke AC21?
Invoke AC21 irrespective of whether you are joining the new employer on EAD/H1.
Invoke AC21 irrespective of whether you are joining the new employer on EAD/H1.
ideas for minecraft. “10 Ideas for Rare Minecraft
ghost
02-07 10:28 AM
they are talking about statistics on legal immigration backlogs and suggesting that they be cleared....aligned with IV goals
ideas for minecraft. Re: Minecraft+Dwarf Fortress?
srkamath
07-16 05:31 PM
Interesting. My Labor says
14) Education BS,
Years of experience 3
15) Other Special Requirements "MS + 1year" OR "BS + 3 years".
I have a MS. My lawyer says this is a EB3 application. 140 still pending. The receipt however says "Skilled Worker". Any possibility my 140 gets approved as EB2?
It depends on the Minimum Requirement, in your case it seems like it was BS+3, which is less than MS or BS+5 , therefore it will be EB3.
If the job description says, min education is Bachelor's, but Master's is preferred, it is still EB3.
If i recall correctly, the "skilled worker" category is EB3, you can check this on the USCIS website under the Laws & Regulations link.
14) Education BS,
Years of experience 3
15) Other Special Requirements "MS + 1year" OR "BS + 3 years".
I have a MS. My lawyer says this is a EB3 application. 140 still pending. The receipt however says "Skilled Worker". Any possibility my 140 gets approved as EB2?
It depends on the Minimum Requirement, in your case it seems like it was BS+3, which is less than MS or BS+5 , therefore it will be EB3.
If the job description says, min education is Bachelor's, but Master's is preferred, it is still EB3.
If i recall correctly, the "skilled worker" category is EB3, you can check this on the USCIS website under the Laws & Regulations link.
sss2000
10-31 02:25 PM
While that is true I wanted to donate whatever I have. I thought if any IV core team member has delta frequent flyer account, I can transfer my miles to his account. Is that a possibility? If so, Do we have any core team member who has delta frequent flyer account? If we pool all the miles we have then IV core team can use these miles to travel.
krishnam70
04-06 04:44 PM
Really? Nobody? Nothing? :( Please, any advice will do, I'm desperate, I don't want to leave in 2 weeks, I need some more time with my partner...
This is a unique situation and may be an immigration attorney will guide you better. You should try to follow the law where ever possible. It could have been much easier had you gone out when your visa expired and returned back on another visa. Anyway try to speak with an attorney and get a good advise on how to remedy this situation
- cheers
kris
This is a unique situation and may be an immigration attorney will guide you better. You should try to follow the law where ever possible. It could have been much easier had you gone out when your visa expired and returned back on another visa. Anyway try to speak with an attorney and get a good advise on how to remedy this situation
- cheers
kris