smuggymba
12-05 09:37 AM
Hi All,
We wish to apply for PIO card for our 5 month old baby at the Washington DC Indian Embassy.
The application and the supporting documents are all in place.
We have to drive 3 hrs to the Indian Embassy.
Since the weather is not very co-operative, i was wondering if it's absolutely required to take the kid to the Embassy? I would like to avoid taking him if possible.
Also, a minor question - how do you manage to get the thumb impression. Where can we get the ink pads required for the thumb impression?
Thanks All.
If in no hurry, mail the docs and pay the tatkal type fees. I used the office marker for the thumb impression, try on some other piece of paper first.
We wish to apply for PIO card for our 5 month old baby at the Washington DC Indian Embassy.
The application and the supporting documents are all in place.
We have to drive 3 hrs to the Indian Embassy.
Since the weather is not very co-operative, i was wondering if it's absolutely required to take the kid to the Embassy? I would like to avoid taking him if possible.
Also, a minor question - how do you manage to get the thumb impression. Where can we get the ink pads required for the thumb impression?
Thanks All.
If in no hurry, mail the docs and pay the tatkal type fees. I used the office marker for the thumb impression, try on some other piece of paper first.
g_singh
06-22 04:33 PM
Please let us know what happened? We (H1Bs) are in the same boat. Did you become a member of brokerage firm (LLC).
Thanks
Thanks
STAmisha
06-19 03:37 PM
Finally This Is My Turn To Rejoice. My Lawyer Email Me Saying That She Got Off From Phone From Dol And My Lc Is Approved.
1)how Long It Takes For The Physical Paper To Arrive? Do We Need That Physical Paper To File For 140 And 485?
2)the Online Status Still Shows "in Process"
Gurus, Please Help Me
1)how Long It Takes For The Physical Paper To Arrive? Do We Need That Physical Paper To File For 140 And 485?
2)the Online Status Still Shows "in Process"
Gurus, Please Help Me
kavita_abb
10-10 11:24 AM
Thank you very much for all your support.
Do I need to inform him before I leave ? because he is with his relative place. What is the process for that ? If I leave without informing him, then what he can do on me ?
Do I need to inform him before I leave ? because he is with his relative place. What is the process for that ? If I leave without informing him, then what he can do on me ?
more...
voldemar
02-27 05:38 PM
Check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_visa
--------------
The Act is to relieve those who applied for immigrant visas on or before December 21, 2000. Practically, the V visa is currently not available to most of spouses and minor children of LPRs.
--------------
--------------
The Act is to relieve those who applied for immigrant visas on or before December 21, 2000. Practically, the V visa is currently not available to most of spouses and minor children of LPRs.
--------------
still_waiting
05-18 11:33 AM
It's working for me.... report covered issues very well .
more...
dpp
07-27 09:55 AM
Well done. Good job
Lollerskater
08-05 12:23 PM
OP are you compiling statistics? For EB2 or EB3?
I'm another July 2 filer for EB3. Still waiting. However, the visa bulletin states all EB3 visas are unavailable and thus, we should be waiting.
Is there some kind of info leading you to think that us, July 2 filers, shouldn't be still waiting?
I'm another July 2 filer for EB3. Still waiting. However, the visa bulletin states all EB3 visas are unavailable and thus, we should be waiting.
Is there some kind of info leading you to think that us, July 2 filers, shouldn't be still waiting?
more...
Sakthisagar
11-11 09:21 AM
I do not know whether this can be done, always consult with an attorney.
any Notarized document is as good as oringinals, Please get signed all your certificate copies showing the originals to a Notary Public, I think this should work. If you decide to send originals attach a self paid courier (Fed-ex)(to address yours) USCIS will never send back the document otherwise. I remember previously the H1B visa stamping was in US itself to get the passport back we need to send a self addressed FED-EX cover pre-paid.
Good Luck.
any Notarized document is as good as oringinals, Please get signed all your certificate copies showing the originals to a Notary Public, I think this should work. If you decide to send originals attach a self paid courier (Fed-ex)(to address yours) USCIS will never send back the document otherwise. I remember previously the H1B visa stamping was in US itself to get the passport back we need to send a self addressed FED-EX cover pre-paid.
Good Luck.
arihant
05-23 09:17 PM
Commend your initiative
more...

mrajatish
09-18 10:12 AM
Friends,
I had created this thread to share ideas on what we can do, given the grim situation we are in. I will really appreciate if others come up with ideas and make it part of this thread.
I had created this thread to share ideas on what we can do, given the grim situation we are in. I will really appreciate if others come up with ideas and make it part of this thread.
singhsa3
11-15 09:15 AM
Voting is not enough please post your suggestion also.
more...
wandmaker
10-23 01:05 PM
Hi,
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
Buy a two way ticket with future date and adjust the later according to her comfort. With one-way ticket, your in-law will have a problem in convincing a POE officer that she will return. Do the math!
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
Buy a two way ticket with future date and adjust the later according to her comfort. With one-way ticket, your in-law will have a problem in convincing a POE officer that she will return. Do the math!

aditya
05-26 06:21 AM
Thank you all In Team IV
god bless you all
dont worry i also contributed
god bless you all
dont worry i also contributed
more...

jliechty
May 18th, 2005, 03:58 PM
It's very simple, if you think about it... The first photo (showing dust) was taken at f/32, and the second, lacking dust, at f/2.8. A smaller aperture will not only result in a great DOF in front of the lens, but also behind it; hence, the dust will be blurred and mostly invisible at large apertures because it is slightly in front of the sensor (on the AA / IR blocking filter thing), but will pop out with tremendous clarity at small ones.
jnraajan
04-08 04:48 PM
Is someone working to fix the issues with the IV Tracker? It is such an important tool, but still has bugs to be resolved.
When you try to restrict by country or Country of charge, it doesnt bring back any results.
Also, if you try to sory by priority date, the sorting doesnt seem to work.
=======================
Please keep sending all bugs and requested features in a PM.
A few people are leading this effort and collecting the bugs and new features
Chanduv23, needhelp!, walking_dude and santb1975 are people you can PM and they will help make this tracker better
Active members are requested to urge others to update their profile details for the tracker. If you find someone's profile has fake details, please give them a red dot.
Admins go through users with most red dots occasionally
- Admin
=====================
When you try to restrict by country or Country of charge, it doesnt bring back any results.
Also, if you try to sory by priority date, the sorting doesnt seem to work.
=======================
Please keep sending all bugs and requested features in a PM.
A few people are leading this effort and collecting the bugs and new features
Chanduv23, needhelp!, walking_dude and santb1975 are people you can PM and they will help make this tracker better
Active members are requested to urge others to update their profile details for the tracker. If you find someone's profile has fake details, please give them a red dot.
Admins go through users with most red dots occasionally
- Admin
=====================
more...

morchu
05-21 12:39 AM
I believe he just meant to say "not possible with one 140".
He just mentioned it in a confusing way.
"A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date."
The petition mentioned here is an I140 for EB1/EB2/EB3.
So it doesn't hurt to have more I140s approved. Whenever you do a "subsequent" petition, you just claim the earliest priority date (of the already approved ones).
I understand two I-140s, one existing (EB-3) and second new I-140 (EB2), but you have also mentioned more. Why need more than two, in what circumstances?
He just mentioned it in a confusing way.
"A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date."
The petition mentioned here is an I140 for EB1/EB2/EB3.
So it doesn't hurt to have more I140s approved. Whenever you do a "subsequent" petition, you just claim the earliest priority date (of the already approved ones).
I understand two I-140s, one existing (EB-3) and second new I-140 (EB2), but you have also mentioned more. Why need more than two, in what circumstances?
sunny26
06-29 03:42 PM
hi
If not able to get insurance talk to the Dr they have some package like 3000$ for full term checkup and delivery(normal) like that.One of my friend in tx dont have insurance so they took that package the Dr office offered him.
If not able to get insurance talk to the Dr they have some package like 3000$ for full term checkup and delivery(normal) like that.One of my friend in tx dont have insurance so they took that package the Dr office offered him.
GlobalCitizen
07-27 10:33 AM
Thank you everyone!
I have decided to apply.
I have decided to apply.
gc_kaavaali
12-08 01:36 PM
Hi guys,
IV need contributions to invest in the omnibus bill Lobbying efforts.. for more details look at below thread...if IV succeed you don't have to go through hassle of renewal of EAD and AP.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905
I applied I-485 and have recieved EAD in Sept, 2007. Now early next year (i.e. Jan/Feb 2008) I plan to go out of US for a year to complete an academic course. During that time, I would have to renew my EAD so that I can get back and start working. Anyone who has some experience or knowledge how this can be done from outside US... or is there a process to follow before I leave.
Also I am told that I might receive another finger printing request duirng the same time I am out of this country, any idea !!
IV need contributions to invest in the omnibus bill Lobbying efforts.. for more details look at below thread...if IV succeed you don't have to go through hassle of renewal of EAD and AP.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905
I applied I-485 and have recieved EAD in Sept, 2007. Now early next year (i.e. Jan/Feb 2008) I plan to go out of US for a year to complete an academic course. During that time, I would have to renew my EAD so that I can get back and start working. Anyone who has some experience or knowledge how this can be done from outside US... or is there a process to follow before I leave.
Also I am told that I might receive another finger printing request duirng the same time I am out of this country, any idea !!
nortam1
09-17 04:15 PM
My receipts say the same...
Anybody knows what it is?
Anybody knows what it is?