gcgreen
08-15 12:45 PM
your description is pretty vague. please provide more details of the precise job description in the labor petition, and the occupational classification code in the application.
Hello Gurus,
This is my first post. I had filed 485/140 in Aug. 2007. 140 got approved this March 2008. I donot have pay stub for last 3 months. I am looking for change. My labor is a substituted one( PD 2004). It has skills mentioned of Oracle EBS. I am working on Java/J2EE. I am looking for a new Job with Java/J2EE skills. I am worried that my new offer letter with Java skills mentioned would create a problem for me.
Please Gurus, can you advice me as to whether I can do that? Will staying on bench create a problem, as I donot get salary on bench.
Please help me.:confused::confused::confused:
Hello Gurus,
This is my first post. I had filed 485/140 in Aug. 2007. 140 got approved this March 2008. I donot have pay stub for last 3 months. I am looking for change. My labor is a substituted one( PD 2004). It has skills mentioned of Oracle EBS. I am working on Java/J2EE. I am looking for a new Job with Java/J2EE skills. I am worried that my new offer letter with Java skills mentioned would create a problem for me.
Please Gurus, can you advice me as to whether I can do that? Will staying on bench create a problem, as I donot get salary on bench.
Please help me.:confused::confused::confused:
enthu999
03-27 01:40 AM
Just an idea, if emails or letters doesn't reach Obama...may be IV should consider an open letter to Obama,Congress and Senate by buying space in major news papers
and suggesting the obvious economic benefits(buying homes, home renovations, buying durable goods etc) of speeding legal immigration.
and suggesting the obvious economic benefits(buying homes, home renovations, buying durable goods etc) of speeding legal immigration.

pappusheth
05-02 10:43 AM
Thanks guys.. good to know that..
ameryki
01-02 04:10 PM
You can use your h1b to work after returning to US on AP.
I believe that H1 is valid as long as you are with the same employer but once you switch employers thats a no deal.
I believe that H1 is valid as long as you are with the same employer but once you switch employers thats a no deal.
more...

on_h1b_since_1998
02-08 12:51 PM
I am new member to this forum. My friend referred me here.
I have a very unique case scenario and need help if anyone is aware of this.
Background :
I worked for company X which went bankrupt and was absorbed by company Y. 3 months after I started
working for Y I got I-140 approved from company X(not sure how but got it).I had filed for I-140 abt.
2 months before I joined Y(then still an employee of X) and had opted for CP and not AOS(had
the option of concurrent filing but did not use which i regret till date). Since the X case was of
no use now I filed a fresh LC from Y and am still waiting for notification from BPC for recruitment(TR case).
I am planning to use the PD from earlier approved I-140 which is sept. 1999 when my LC gets approved.
Issue :
Last week I received a mail from NVC which was forwarded to me by the previous employers attorney.
The letter's main content says
"THIS LETTER SHALL SERVE AS YOUR NOTIFICATION THAT A VISA NUMBER IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
FAILURE TO PURSUE YOUR VISA APPLICATION BY COMPLYING WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WILL COMMENCE
PROCEEDINGS TO TERMINATE YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA REGISTRATION ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER".
It mentions "Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires the Secretary of State
to terminate the registration of any alien who fails to apply for an immigrant visa within one year
following notification of the availability of a visa number".
Letter is Dated Dec. 3 2006.
Question :
I want to know if this will in anyway prevent me from using my old case PD with my current case?
My interpretation of this is that only the registration with NVC gets cancelled but the
underlying LC and I-140 approved are not affected and I can still use the old PD on my
current case. Pls. help.
I have a very unique case scenario and need help if anyone is aware of this.
Background :
I worked for company X which went bankrupt and was absorbed by company Y. 3 months after I started
working for Y I got I-140 approved from company X(not sure how but got it).I had filed for I-140 abt.
2 months before I joined Y(then still an employee of X) and had opted for CP and not AOS(had
the option of concurrent filing but did not use which i regret till date). Since the X case was of
no use now I filed a fresh LC from Y and am still waiting for notification from BPC for recruitment(TR case).
I am planning to use the PD from earlier approved I-140 which is sept. 1999 when my LC gets approved.
Issue :
Last week I received a mail from NVC which was forwarded to me by the previous employers attorney.
The letter's main content says
"THIS LETTER SHALL SERVE AS YOUR NOTIFICATION THAT A VISA NUMBER IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
FAILURE TO PURSUE YOUR VISA APPLICATION BY COMPLYING WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WILL COMMENCE
PROCEEDINGS TO TERMINATE YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA REGISTRATION ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER".
It mentions "Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires the Secretary of State
to terminate the registration of any alien who fails to apply for an immigrant visa within one year
following notification of the availability of a visa number".
Letter is Dated Dec. 3 2006.
Question :
I want to know if this will in anyway prevent me from using my old case PD with my current case?
My interpretation of this is that only the registration with NVC gets cancelled but the
underlying LC and I-140 approved are not affected and I can still use the old PD on my
current case. Pls. help.
like_watching_paint_dry
02-27 01:51 PM
I don't have any examples of a NOIR based on EB green card holder changing jobs too soon after 485 approval. I however have seen counter examples where a person changed jobs within a month of 485 approval and never had any problems at N-400 as long as they have maintained a good employment history, paid taxes, not committed any crime etc.
This is not to say that you or I or some other Joe wont have any issues, but is a hopeful indicator. It is however best to play it safe unless there's a pretty darn good reason to take up a job change soon after 485 approval.
This is not to say that you or I or some other Joe wont have any issues, but is a hopeful indicator. It is however best to play it safe unless there's a pretty darn good reason to take up a job change soon after 485 approval.
more...
vipatel3
10-19 03:55 AM
Hi ,
Do you know anyone whose documents were sent back in error by USCIS staff on confusion over Fees increase ? How did it impact re-filing
Do you know anyone whose documents were sent back in error by USCIS staff on confusion over Fees increase ? How did it impact re-filing
akred
03-09 02:08 PM
Priority date is the date on which a permanent labor certification was filed for a beneficiary and based on which an underlying I-140 petition is applied.
should be:
Priority date is defined in two ways -
a) For cases with a labor certification, the date on which a permanent labor certification was filed for a beneficiary and based on which an underlying I-140 petition is applied.
or
b) For cases without an underlying labor certification, the date on which the I-140 petition was applied for.
should be:
Priority date is defined in two ways -
a) For cases with a labor certification, the date on which a permanent labor certification was filed for a beneficiary and based on which an underlying I-140 petition is applied.
or
b) For cases without an underlying labor certification, the date on which the I-140 petition was applied for.
more...
chanduv23
05-21 06:23 AM
We were driving on i 87 in between Albany and Montreal where they set up a temporary post on the highway and checking every passing vehicle.
The broder security officials asked us for our passport and work authorization and we did not have them with us.
They made us sit for sometime while they verified our valid status and then something funny happened.
My wife's h1b is valid from June 2006 to June 2009 and the status check yielded it well.
Mine, it said Valid status from May 2000 to October 2002. This was exactly the status on my first h1b. So they tried to grill me as to what I am doing in the country after my valid status is over.
I explained to them about h1b transfer .... and how I still maintain status and then they said they can look me up by petitioner's name. When they did that, they found my current record.
Then they advised that we carry documents all times as they are trying to catch illegal immigrants.
So in general, please carry your documents if you plan to go for long drives or fly.
The broder security officials asked us for our passport and work authorization and we did not have them with us.
They made us sit for sometime while they verified our valid status and then something funny happened.
My wife's h1b is valid from June 2006 to June 2009 and the status check yielded it well.
Mine, it said Valid status from May 2000 to October 2002. This was exactly the status on my first h1b. So they tried to grill me as to what I am doing in the country after my valid status is over.
I explained to them about h1b transfer .... and how I still maintain status and then they said they can look me up by petitioner's name. When they did that, they found my current record.
Then they advised that we carry documents all times as they are trying to catch illegal immigrants.
So in general, please carry your documents if you plan to go for long drives or fly.
clear485
03-27 01:07 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/245(k)_14Jul08.pdf
The adjudicator must only examine the period from the date of the alien�s last lawful admission to the United States and must not count violations that occurred before the alien�s last lawful admission.
http://smithgarg.com/article-overcoming-violations.aspx
Fortunately, the ameliorative provisions of INA � 245(k), discussed above, also apply to cases of unauthorized employment and violations of nonimmigrant visa terms. Thus, for many foreign workers seeking a green card, unauthorized employment or visa violations occurring for less than 180 days since the last lawful entry will not act as a disqualification for adjustment of status.
Above documents are good....but have one concern here....let us assume....
Since last entry this person maintains status and filed I-485 at some point....But he might submitted experiance letter that includes these 4 months to support his experiance....right...
Will it be a problem ?
The adjudicator must only examine the period from the date of the alien�s last lawful admission to the United States and must not count violations that occurred before the alien�s last lawful admission.
http://smithgarg.com/article-overcoming-violations.aspx
Fortunately, the ameliorative provisions of INA � 245(k), discussed above, also apply to cases of unauthorized employment and violations of nonimmigrant visa terms. Thus, for many foreign workers seeking a green card, unauthorized employment or visa violations occurring for less than 180 days since the last lawful entry will not act as a disqualification for adjustment of status.
Above documents are good....but have one concern here....let us assume....
Since last entry this person maintains status and filed I-485 at some point....But he might submitted experiance letter that includes these 4 months to support his experiance....right...
Will it be a problem ?
more...
RandyK
10-02 03:06 PM
If the employer is in good financially, then somehow it was not proved to th USCIS when you submitted the docs for the RFE.
If you can prove the company is in good fin cond. applealing probably is the best option than starting all over
If you can prove the company is in good fin cond. applealing probably is the best option than starting all over

suva321
01-20 07:34 PM
From Nov 14th 2008 verything got changed, now first they issue one year
after that you need apply again for 10 years.
after that you need apply again for 10 years.
more...
addsf345
07-17 06:46 PM
Just got back from Canada. It was really straightforward.
Showed passport and GC at Canadian checkpost... No questions asked about canadian immigration.
On the way back showed green cards, again no questions....
Wow... after almost 10 years on H1, it is unbelievable how uneventful travel on GC can be :D
so this is only for ppl with BOTH white card and green card.
what bout rest of us like who never been to canada or applied for canadian white card. if i get GC in future and visit canada, will I face any issues? just wondering?
Showed passport and GC at Canadian checkpost... No questions asked about canadian immigration.
On the way back showed green cards, again no questions....
Wow... after almost 10 years on H1, it is unbelievable how uneventful travel on GC can be :D
so this is only for ppl with BOTH white card and green card.
what bout rest of us like who never been to canada or applied for canadian white card. if i get GC in future and visit canada, will I face any issues? just wondering?
indianabacklog
10-12 07:27 AM
I am scheduling an Infopass appointment at my local USCIS office in the hope of getting an interim EAD. It has been more than 90 days since they received my application.
I have a few questions:
1. What do i need to bring?
2. What should i expect?
3. What kind of questions would they ask?
Your experience in this matter is great appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Take your original receipt notice and the infopass appointment sheet so you will be let in to talk to someone.
The officer there will email/call/get in touch with the service center who is processing your EAD application to see what is happening. The reality is that normally you will get your 'actual' EAD within two weeks from then. It takes as much time to produce and send an interim card (also big waste of money) as it does for them to adjudicate your application.
It really is no big deal.
I have a few questions:
1. What do i need to bring?
2. What should i expect?
3. What kind of questions would they ask?
Your experience in this matter is great appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Take your original receipt notice and the infopass appointment sheet so you will be let in to talk to someone.
The officer there will email/call/get in touch with the service center who is processing your EAD application to see what is happening. The reality is that normally you will get your 'actual' EAD within two weeks from then. It takes as much time to produce and send an interim card (also big waste of money) as it does for them to adjudicate your application.
It really is no big deal.
more...
tulips
05-24 03:02 PM
Hi,
My H1 B is expiring on 30 Sep 2010. I have not started my green card process. Is it too late to start now? Can I get extension based on number of days I have been out of country in last 6 years.? (119 days) If I include that is it still late to start and not worth my time and money? What are my options? If I leave the country and come back after 1 year, I will be counted for the H1 B quota? I have MS in CSE from univsersity in USA. My husband applied for GC and I have dependent EAD till Oct 2010 but then he moved out of USA last year and got H4 to come visit. Is that application still valid for me to be able to get EAD extension? Can he still come back on H1 B or EAD? Any help/advice on my situation will be very helpful.
Thanks!
My H1 B is expiring on 30 Sep 2010. I have not started my green card process. Is it too late to start now? Can I get extension based on number of days I have been out of country in last 6 years.? (119 days) If I include that is it still late to start and not worth my time and money? What are my options? If I leave the country and come back after 1 year, I will be counted for the H1 B quota? I have MS in CSE from univsersity in USA. My husband applied for GC and I have dependent EAD till Oct 2010 but then he moved out of USA last year and got H4 to come visit. Is that application still valid for me to be able to get EAD extension? Can he still come back on H1 B or EAD? Any help/advice on my situation will be very helpful.
Thanks!
glus
07-18 07:30 PM
Hi Gurus,
I filed my 485 application on July 2nd. But my employer/lawyer did not attach the employment verification letter in the package. Is USCIS going to reject my application because of that or they will send an RFE. Please advise..
OK, not to scare anyone, but per recent uscis update, all applications must be submitted with initial evidence in it. This announcement was effective starting on Jun18t. In I485, the employment letter is part of initial evidence. As per new rules, an IO can deny any application without RFE if the initial evidence is missing.
See this document, and read part "initial evidence requirements" paragraph 2 which sates an application can be denied withou RFE if initial evidence is missing.
File direct from the USCIS site
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/RFEFinalRule060107.pdf
My attorney was very thorough and prepared the initial evidence well.
I filed my 485 application on July 2nd. But my employer/lawyer did not attach the employment verification letter in the package. Is USCIS going to reject my application because of that or they will send an RFE. Please advise..
OK, not to scare anyone, but per recent uscis update, all applications must be submitted with initial evidence in it. This announcement was effective starting on Jun18t. In I485, the employment letter is part of initial evidence. As per new rules, an IO can deny any application without RFE if the initial evidence is missing.
See this document, and read part "initial evidence requirements" paragraph 2 which sates an application can be denied withou RFE if initial evidence is missing.
File direct from the USCIS site
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/RFEFinalRule060107.pdf
My attorney was very thorough and prepared the initial evidence well.
more...

suva321
01-20 07:34 PM
From Nov 14th 2008 verything got changed, now first they issue one year
after that you need apply again for 10 years.
after that you need apply again for 10 years.
raysaikat
04-06 01:27 PM
... But if 6 months have already elapsed after filing I485, then you are free to go anywhere.
Does not sound right. Where did you hear that?
Does not sound right. Where did you hear that?

pointlesswait
04-07 09:33 AM
i think ur employer/lawyer was retarded to send a check dated 2005..as far as i know.. check have a validity of 90 days..(atleast most of them do)
anyway..tough luck brother !
anyway..tough luck brother !
sanju
03-12 10:28 AM
Congratulations GCMan007, thats awesome.
If you have already received your approval notice then the change in online status is a matter of time. I saw an nearlier post on the forum that said it took over a week for the online status to show that I-485 was approved.
If you could complete your profile information, it will greatly help folks like me who have the PD in the same date range.
After a long 5 years I finally received 485 case approved letter for both my case and my spouse's case. However the online status still shows pending. Is this common?. How long would it take for the online case status to be updated.
EB2- PB Dec2003
485 Filed date: 08/02/07
Texas service center
If you have already received your approval notice then the change in online status is a matter of time. I saw an nearlier post on the forum that said it took over a week for the online status to show that I-485 was approved.
If you could complete your profile information, it will greatly help folks like me who have the PD in the same date range.
After a long 5 years I finally received 485 case approved letter for both my case and my spouse's case. However the online status still shows pending. Is this common?. How long would it take for the online case status to be updated.
EB2- PB Dec2003
485 Filed date: 08/02/07
Texas service center
njdude26
03-31 08:37 AM
Im on my 8th year on H1. still stuck in Labor :(
My company is giving me a promotion and a raise in salary. Do i have to inform Labor about any of this ??!!
My company is giving me a promotion and a raise in salary. Do i have to inform Labor about any of this ??!!