H1B-GC
06-25 10:46 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/725808-post105.html
.
Thank you!!
.
Thank you!!
aadimanav
01-05 10:41 PM
I will be using AP first time. What documentation do we need to enter (other than passport and un-expired AP)? I will be visiting India for about 1 month? Is there any limitation as to for how long you can leave the country? I got 2 copies of AP. We just need "one" right?
Also while leaving which I-94 should we surrender? The one which I got when I entered last time - a couple of years ago, or the one which I received with last H1b renewal documentation. Right now I am not using H1b. I am "on" EAD.
Please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance!
Also while leaving which I-94 should we surrender? The one which I got when I entered last time - a couple of years ago, or the one which I received with last H1b renewal documentation. Right now I am not using H1b. I am "on" EAD.
Please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance!
pressman
January 5th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Rob - this is superb street journalism - the selective colouring adds to the impact. Nice job.
Pete
Pete
sukhwinderd
08-15 12:50 PM
was it send to nebraska or texas ?
I thought this will give some hope to you.
Mine reached USCIS on July-3rd around 6:00am. All 6 (2x485, 2xAP, 2xEAD) checks were cached today.
Hope yours on the way too...
I thought this will give some hope to you.
Mine reached USCIS on July-3rd around 6:00am. All 6 (2x485, 2xAP, 2xEAD) checks were cached today.
Hope yours on the way too...
more...
kramesh_babu
08-20 03:58 PM
once and for all.. the adjudicators dont answer calls. its just cust service people...who are contractors. so if u dont call them.. all they will be doing is sitting around doing nothing.
I fully agree.
I fully agree.
DashingMax
01-04 11:52 PM
Already sent an email to my state Senators.
"Indentured Servitude" seems to be the motto by the current administration. H1B's afterall are smart, educated, English-speaking, honest & tax-paying bunch. By delaying their Greencard, they can get the most out of these hardworking folks, for as long as they can.
Worker Productivity is, afterall, an important gauge of US Economy.
"Indentured Servitude" seems to be the motto by the current administration. H1B's afterall are smart, educated, English-speaking, honest & tax-paying bunch. By delaying their Greencard, they can get the most out of these hardworking folks, for as long as they can.
Worker Productivity is, afterall, an important gauge of US Economy.
more...
solaris27
03-13 08:32 AM
no its not true . I have Canada PR and to get citizenship u need to be in Canada for 3 years .
http://www.freewebdirectoryweb.com/
http://www.freewebdirectoryweb.com/
Ann Ruben
07-20 07:03 AM
The outcome in a case like this depends on the specific State's criminal code, and the individual's specific record. I cannot tell you for sure that USCIS will seek to remove your son, but I would strongly advise your son and his criminal lawyer to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer before going further.
more...
simple1
06-18 01:47 PM
Recently multiple threads have been created in IV forum about
* Illegal’s (now conveniently called undocumented immigrants) * their anchor babies * and CIR.
We should not support Illegal’s and their agenda.
Support CIR only after seeing something for EB non-ROW or atleast legal immigration in general.
We need to oppose CIR till we see such a provision.
* Illegal’s (now conveniently called undocumented immigrants) * their anchor babies * and CIR.
We should not support Illegal’s and their agenda.
Support CIR only after seeing something for EB non-ROW or atleast legal immigration in general.
We need to oppose CIR till we see such a provision.
satyasaich
06-29 09:46 AM
My friend
What else we lose if we stand up the plate to express some legitimate concerns?
Most of the members of this forum (and so many more) have already lost the prime time of their lives because we just followed the path of playing by rules.
Unless some compelling personal reasons, i do not see any thing wrong to raise the voice
---
Yes, once "They" identify "You" the consequences can be severe.:rolleyes:
Beware! Big Brother is watching.
That is the reason I didn't support the US soccer team at World Cup.
US team is so unpopular in Europe :p Given a choice between popularity and doing the right thing, I guess popularity always wins :D
Hilarious! Couldn't resist :o
What else we lose if we stand up the plate to express some legitimate concerns?
Most of the members of this forum (and so many more) have already lost the prime time of their lives because we just followed the path of playing by rules.
Unless some compelling personal reasons, i do not see any thing wrong to raise the voice
---
Yes, once "They" identify "You" the consequences can be severe.:rolleyes:
Beware! Big Brother is watching.
That is the reason I didn't support the US soccer team at World Cup.
US team is so unpopular in Europe :p Given a choice between popularity and doing the right thing, I guess popularity always wins :D
Hilarious! Couldn't resist :o
more...
vjkypally
08-06 12:17 PM
Where you moved from NSC to TSC or did you file at TSC?
Alabaman
09-01 02:10 PM
It is time USA opens its borders to allow more people from good cultures like India to come and settle here. Americans can learn family values from Indians. If America restricts immigrants it will turn into a country of bigoted, nepotistic creeps who will export their ugly culture of disowning their own parents to our shores and around the world. Programmers have long enjoyed high inflated salaries that are unreasonable. These salaries now need to come down and be competitive globally. Time for a 'change' in immigration and congress to open its arms to immigrants who made this country so great. It is time to make Kennedy's dream a reality. Indians who settle here need to have loyalty to their culture and should not become Americanized. Take the good things from this culture and not lose your own good cultural values that made India the best country in the world until the gora British came and ruined it.
No offence intended, If India is the best country in the world with its "wonderful" cultures why are there so many Indians hell bent on getting the Green Card? Waiting so many years painfully? Why not just return home and live in "best place on earth"? Why would you want to turn America into India? It is good to respect your host country's culture. They are not perfect and so also are many other countries. Please let's call a spade a spade and nothing else.
Having said that, this article reminds us that the debate should be: What group of people does America need to allow into this country on a permanent basis? (Emphasis on permanent basis). Aged parents of US citizens or long time resident and highly skilled immigrants?
If I had a chance to write this part of the immigration law, I would stop a system where US citizens can file green cards for sibblings and parents. I would however, make it almost automatic for parents of citizens/green card holders to be granted 5 to 10 year visitor visas. I dont expect my parents who are in their 60s to move to the US. To do what at that age?? I cant sit at home with them... they will just be lonely!!
I would also stop the green card lottery program. The freed up green quota from these two groups I will move to long time LEGAL residents (say 5 years or 10 years) who have been paying taxes, working and contributing to the economy.
No offence intended, If India is the best country in the world with its "wonderful" cultures why are there so many Indians hell bent on getting the Green Card? Waiting so many years painfully? Why not just return home and live in "best place on earth"? Why would you want to turn America into India? It is good to respect your host country's culture. They are not perfect and so also are many other countries. Please let's call a spade a spade and nothing else.
Having said that, this article reminds us that the debate should be: What group of people does America need to allow into this country on a permanent basis? (Emphasis on permanent basis). Aged parents of US citizens or long time resident and highly skilled immigrants?
If I had a chance to write this part of the immigration law, I would stop a system where US citizens can file green cards for sibblings and parents. I would however, make it almost automatic for parents of citizens/green card holders to be granted 5 to 10 year visitor visas. I dont expect my parents who are in their 60s to move to the US. To do what at that age?? I cant sit at home with them... they will just be lonely!!
I would also stop the green card lottery program. The freed up green quota from these two groups I will move to long time LEGAL residents (say 5 years or 10 years) who have been paying taxes, working and contributing to the economy.
more...
ita
10-31 11:52 AM
Can someone please give me the website link to book a visa appointment?
Is it same for all consulates in India? I'm looking for Chennnai.
Thank you.
Is it same for all consulates in India? I'm looking for Chennnai.
Thank you.
StuckInTheMuck
07-11 11:59 AM
When I went recently for my EAD renewal FP (I deliberately e-filed EAD renewal to get this FP notice, and it came fast), I took a copy of my I485 receipt notice, and explained to them that I have been waiting for that other FP for almost a year (never opened SR). They promptly took both FPs (code-1 for I485 and code-2 for EAD), and also told me I should never have waited this long, and instead should have contacted them (I guess they meant by Infopass) after 2-3 months.
more...
gc28262
06-14 03:54 PM
Thank you gc28262 for sharing that link. Very informative. I have a question though about that case study: This paragraph is confusing - "Raj learned that the CIS will not allow him to substitute his new I-140 into his pending EB3 adjustment of status (AOS) application. Instead, they require a new AOS filing. Knowing the the CIS can take years to process an AOS application, even when the applicant's priority date is current at all times, he decided to opt for overseas consular processing."
Does this infer that If my current employer decides to file EB2 PERM application and I-140, I will have to wait till the priority date (Priority date for the new EB2 PERM) becomes current? Can I not use my September 2004 priority date and file I-485?
I am not thorough on this topic. From what I read on the forum, you can use your old PD in your current I-485. More knowledgeable people please chip in.
Does this infer that If my current employer decides to file EB2 PERM application and I-140, I will have to wait till the priority date (Priority date for the new EB2 PERM) becomes current? Can I not use my September 2004 priority date and file I-485?
I am not thorough on this topic. From what I read on the forum, you can use your old PD in your current I-485. More knowledgeable people please chip in.
prinive
07-17 06:52 PM
Nop
Another silly question.
Do I file again? My packet reached USCIS on July 2nd. It was not returned.
Another silly question.
Do I file again? My packet reached USCIS on July 2nd. It was not returned.
more...
fromnaija
07-20 11:24 AM
File for her as CP. Whenever she is ready to move here have her get an H4 visa and then change CP to AOS when she gets here.
Caveat: I am not an attorney so ask your lawyer if this is a feasible option.
Caveat: I am not an attorney so ask your lawyer if this is a feasible option.
jayleno
02-01 04:28 PM
Kumar...if you are joking please put a smiley either before or after you exclamations. Tell me if you are not...I will join right away :). Who in the world doesn't want to become a "star quickly"?? :)
Start doing AmWay or QuickStar. That is the best thing a person can do !!!!!!
Start doing AmWay or QuickStar. That is the best thing a person can do !!!!!!
namm80
01-10 08:43 PM
prout02: You mind sharing if you are in the Bay Area, CA or elsewhere? It seems to me there are 2 variables to this FP scheduling:
a) When USCIS receipts and begins processing (For Xfr applicants, this would apparently be the date when the new center receives the case).
b) Center where FP is to be scheduled. A more crowded place might mean longer waits.
Just a thought....
My attorney opened two SRs and nothing happened for two months. When I had given up all hope...there comes the FP notice for 1/3/08. I don't know what did the trick. But I am off of that daily USPS mail checking business for now.
Also, the case status remains the same with two updates to the LUD!
a) When USCIS receipts and begins processing (For Xfr applicants, this would apparently be the date when the new center receives the case).
b) Center where FP is to be scheduled. A more crowded place might mean longer waits.
Just a thought....
My attorney opened two SRs and nothing happened for two months. When I had given up all hope...there comes the FP notice for 1/3/08. I don't know what did the trick. But I am off of that daily USPS mail checking business for now.
Also, the case status remains the same with two updates to the LUD!
redcard
08-23 11:29 AM
I have a approved I-140 (Jan 2005). My PD is March 2004 and I have already filed I-485 (filed simultaneously with 140). Now I am waiting for the PD to become current for 485 approval. My 6 years on H1 will expire in March 2007. I checked with my GC lawyer and he said that since I have a approved 140 I can apply for a 3 year extension on H1 six months before the H1 expiry. I have to travel to India in Feb-March 2007 and so my questions are:
1. Can I travel to India while my H1 extension application is still pending and return to US before the current H1 expires? What will happen if the application gets approved while I am in India?
2. If I get my H1 extension approved effective April 2007 and I travel to India in Feb-March 2007 while my current H1 is still valid do I still need to get the new H1 stamped on the passport or I can enter US on the current stamped H1.
3. If none of the above is possible then can I return from India in mid-March 2007 and apply for H1 ext and still continue to stay in US if I get the receipt of H1 ext application before March 31, 2007?
Thanks in advance.
I am not sure if you need an extension ..since you have already applied for 485..you should have a EAD which is authorization to work and you must have applied for AP which is required for travel..and you dont need a stamp to enter back in case you have an Advance Parole..
1. Can I travel to India while my H1 extension application is still pending and return to US before the current H1 expires? What will happen if the application gets approved while I am in India?
2. If I get my H1 extension approved effective April 2007 and I travel to India in Feb-March 2007 while my current H1 is still valid do I still need to get the new H1 stamped on the passport or I can enter US on the current stamped H1.
3. If none of the above is possible then can I return from India in mid-March 2007 and apply for H1 ext and still continue to stay in US if I get the receipt of H1 ext application before March 31, 2007?
Thanks in advance.
I am not sure if you need an extension ..since you have already applied for 485..you should have a EAD which is authorization to work and you must have applied for AP which is required for travel..and you dont need a stamp to enter back in case you have an Advance Parole..
kumarc123
01-15 03:55 PM
I agree.
Visa Recapture or remove country limit for skilled labor (EB category). these would probably be the only ones that will fly.
Maybe they should also keep it low key so less people oppose it;)
Send it through when Mr.King is on vacation:D
Guys please call her office number and speak to someone in immigration and request them for her to re-introduce visa recapture bill.
Please lets focus on this, please call, also include your intentions of buying homes.
Please Call
Visa Recapture or remove country limit for skilled labor (EB category). these would probably be the only ones that will fly.
Maybe they should also keep it low key so less people oppose it;)
Send it through when Mr.King is on vacation:D
Guys please call her office number and speak to someone in immigration and request them for her to re-introduce visa recapture bill.
Please lets focus on this, please call, also include your intentions of buying homes.
Please Call