Sunday, June 29, 2008

Saroo: Why you?

That day you asked me – “why me?”

I’ve already told you – why you – in that “last time” email – remember?

I’ll add something more to it –

I’d literally give you thousands of reasons –

You know – I’m like “molting” – “sloughing” – my liberalism – my liberalistic garb, avatar, mask

(like the the outer layer of the skin of a snake, which is cast off periodically) (proper scientific term is ecdysis)

because of your influence. I’m becoming more and more religious everyday. And, this radical change is from within – not imposed, enforced.

You follow the true religion – you’re sincere and truthful in word and deed.

You’re like my mother: Most pious. Most Righteous. Soft-hearted. Etcetera.

You’ve brought me “into light from darkness” –

You’re my Lightning Bug.

I love you so much. And, I want to marry you.

I know it’s Destiny.

I’m praying. And, I’m patient -- and, it’s like holding a burning coal in my hand.

I love you so much, Saroo. I want to see you once – just a glimpse – before you go away – I don’t mind if I lose my eyesight after that – I don’t mind if I go blind after that. I just want to see you once. Just once. Just once. Just once.

You know -- I don't want anything more in this world -- now: I just want you. I just want you. I just want you. Nothing else.

G’night.